I can admit it, I love raviolis, bacon, walnuts, butternut squash and cheese making this recipe love at first bite. This healthy Butternut Ravioli recipe is packed with smoky bacon, crunchy walnuts, salty parmesan, sweet peas and finished with a little bit of thyme.
The best part is it comes together in under 30 minutes saving you a whole lotta “thyme” in the kitchen! You all know I just couldn’t resist saying that!
Looking for more ways to get your butter nut squash ravioli on – check out this Browned Butter Cranberry Pecan Recipe or this recipe for Butternut Ravioli with Bacon, Cranberries and Walnuts.
BACON, BUTTERNUT & WALNUT RAVIOLI (print it!)
- 4 slices Trader Joe’s bacon
- 8 oz mushrooms, freshly sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh English peas
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or white wine
- 18 oz butternut squash ravioli
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 oz parmesan
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook ravioli for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp and set aside. Turn heat to medium high then add mushrooms and onion, sauteing until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the peas and thyme cooking 1 minute. Pour the chicken broth and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the ravioli and stir to coat with sauce, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and top with bacon, walnuts, parsley, parmesan, salt and pepper.
Makes 6 servings, about 6 ravioli with 1/2 cup of veggies for 7 WWFreestyle Smartpoints
Nutrition facts for all ingredients per serving:
STEP – BY – STEP:
Start off by boiling the water for your ravioli then cooking the bacon.
I highly recommend this 1 Point Real Deal bacon at Trader Joe’s to save on points yet still get all that bacony goodness in every bite.After crisping up the bacon, resist devouring any of it, roughly chop and set aside.Add the mushrooms and onion to the bacon pan and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.Add the peas and thyme cooking another minute.Add chicken broth or wine! Then simmer for 4 minutes.Add the cooked ravioli and stir gently to coat with the sauce.Add your toppers – those crispy bacon bits, walnuts, parsley, parmesan, sea salt and black pepper.
Serve it up straight from the pan or divide evenly into 6 containers.Night all!