These healthy, low point point Banana Berry Muffins just might be my favorite Weight Watchers friendly muffin yet. I took advantage of zero point foods to pack in a little protein and sweetness while keeping these muffins moist. The oatmeal and flax add a bit of nuttiness while you get hints of sweet from the banana and tart from the berries. The zest gives these muffins a subtle orange finish in a way that you’d never guess these tasty, full sized muffins are good for you.
Deliciousic and Nutritious – you know I had to say it! Lol…
BANANA BERRY MUFFINSINGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 orange zested, plus 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh berries or one 8-ounce bag frozen berries
- Heat oven to 375°. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a food processor, process the flour, oats, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, butter, orange zest and juice, banana, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated (do not overmix). Fold in the berries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. uI Bakeuse my ice cream scoop as it measures everything evenly. Bake at 375 until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 23- 25 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins, 4 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each
Nutrition facts for all ingredients per muffin:
STEP – BY – STEP:
Add the dry ingredients to your food processor or blend and pulse until finely ground.Whisk together the wet ingredients.Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring just until mixed.In my head, I didn’t think through frozen mixed berries because it includes big strawberries. So, I pulsed my berries to get everything smaller. Then, mixed them into the batter.It did give my muffins a fun berrylicious color.
Scoop the mix evenly into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 375 for 23-25 minutes.Thank you all for being so patient and waiting for me to type up this recipe.