Zucchini Muffins and Bread is one of my all time favorite breads to make. There is just something that is so amazing how you can create this cinnamon spiced, nutty muffin that is incredible moist and doesn’t taste like well, squash. For the longest time I have tried to find the perfect spicy, nutty, zucchini muffin that isn’t packed with tons of oil and that I could totally get The Husband to try despite his aversion to all things squash.
I think I finally found the secret to making incredibly delicious zucchini nut muffins by adding a little banana and putting a spicy spin on my Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins. The brown sugar in these mini zucchini nut muffins makes them a little caramel like while the cinnamon makes them almost seem like it’s a moist, nutty cinnamon muffin.
Ok…so, he totally didn’t buy my story at all that I used green bananas and I had to fess up to the squash being in them, but….he tried them and went back for more! I totally wonder if he would’ve noticed if I used crook neck squash…hmmmm ~ Next time! LOL!
Either way, I am pretty sure even your pickiest eaters will love these tasty little treats ~ they disappeared almost as soon as I put them out. Enjoy!
BANANA NUT ZUCCHINI MINI MUFFINS (print it!)
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 medium banana, mashed
- 1 large zucchini, about 2 cups shredded
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry roasted & roughly chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Stir in vanilla , zucchini and banana.
3. Stir in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt until combined. Fold in walnuts until combined.
4. Pour batter (I use a mini 1 inch cookie scooper) into the muffin cups and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Want to make full size muffins or a zucchini banana nut loaf?
* For full sized muffins, follow the instructions above. Spray 14 muffin tin cups with nonstick spray and bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
* For a loaf, follow the instructions above. Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 60 Mini Muffins (2 mini muffins for 3 points+)
Nutritional information for 2 mini muffins calculated at caloriecount.com
I will catch up with you all tomorrow with another delicious Simply Filling Day.