Hi all! I’ve partnered with Krusteaz as part of National Hot Breakfast month to host this fun giveaway plus give you all a few ideas and a new recipe for your next Breakfast for Dinner night.
I decided to branch out from our breakfast fare to make these delicious Turkey, Bacon & Cheddar Breakfast Pancake Paninis. Truth be told, I really wanted to see if I could use my waffle iron as a panini press. The cool part is that it worked well!
As you all know, bacon might be my favorite breakfast item to pair with pancakes. I powered up these sandwiches with zero point turkey and a little melty cheddar. The spicy mustard and apple add another layer of sweet, spicy crunch making this one satisfying sandwich.
These sandwiches are so fun to make. Feel free to get creative with your panini adding Zero Point Sausage, Ham, Eggs, herbs, jam, hot sauce or any of your favorite sandwich toppers.
TURKEY, BACON & CHEDDAR PANINIS (print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup Krusteaz Complete Protein Buttermilk Pancake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 oz Turkey breast
- 3 slices Sargento RF Cheddar slices
- 3 pieces Trader Joe’s Bacon, cooked
- 1 Apple, cored and think sliced
- 2 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- To make the pancakes: In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix and water. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray and use a 1/4 cup to pour pancakes into skillet. Cook until bubbly and brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes longer. Repeat making 6 pancakes.
- Build Panini: Mix together mustard and mayo. Assemble paninis spreading mustard evenly across pancakes. Divide remaining ingredients on 3 pancakes. Top with remaining pancakes.
- Press Panini: Heat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick spray. Add one sandwich at a time to waffle iron. Use a large pan to press down, cooking 2-3 minutes. Remove and serve at once.
Makes 3 Breakfast Paninis, 7 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each
To make our breakfast paninis, we used Krusteaz Complete Protein Buttermilk Pancake mix….And Krusteaz Belgian Waffles. I also used my favorite mini waffle iron for baking & pressing.The pancakes aka flapjacks as The Husband only eats flapjacks lol…only requires 3/4 cup of water with 1 cup of mix.Use a 1/4 cup scoop to pour your pancakes into the pan and flip when they bubble.Fluffy, golden buttermilk Jack’s that are packed with protein for 2 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each.For the waffles, I used 2/3 cup water, 2 Tbsp oil and an egg.With my Dash mini waffle iron, I made 10 waffles for 4 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each.I prepped our panini assembly station while the waffles cooked with: Sargento RF Cheddar, apple, Zero Point Turkey and Trader Joe’s 1 Smartpoint Bacon.You can use any Dijon mustard. I picked this jalapeno stout mustard to add a spicy kick.I made it into a cream dijonaise by adding 1 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise.Assemble your paninis by spreading the mustard then adding as much turkey & apple as you want with 1 piece of bacon broken in half.Top with cheese and the other pancake/waffle.Spray your waffle maker with nonstick spray, close the top and use a large pan to press the panini. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the pancake/waffle is crispy and the cheese is melted.Turkey, Bacon & Cheddar Waffle Panini – tasty.My personal favorite – The Turkey, Bacon, & Cheddar Pancake Panini! 7 WWFreestyle Smartpoints! Cheesy, salty, spicy with hints of sweetness, this panini is what BFD nights are all about.Here are a few other BFD ideas to help you get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
- Cheesy Cheddar & Chive Biscuits with eggs
- Chicken & Waffles, Mini Pigs in a Blanket, Muffins and more
- Peach Pie Pancakes
- Cinnamon Orange Scones
ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE 2 BOXES OF EACH MIX:
- 2 Boxes Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 Boxes Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 2 Boxes Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix