Happy Wednesday all! I am glad you all enjoyed this week’s Wordless Wednesday. We saw “Shoelry” at the Healdsburg Antique Faire we went to on Sunday. Today, I found even another reason to love Flex….You all wanna know why??
After my Spin Class ~ Flex, told me on my stats that today I was a “Champ!” in my very active minutes section. Flattery will get you everywhere Flex lol…..Check out the bottom right hand corner in green.
Several of you have asked if Flex counts steps for going upstairs or spinning or if my Fitbit records the calories for these activities. I took synced my Fitbit Flex before heading up the stairs to our office (I got up two flights a day), then, synced after. It counted all those steps ~ but, I am not sure that it would count these steps any differently than steps on a flat surface.
As for activities that will not capture steps, like my spin class today, I log them under activities. You have two ways to do this.
1. If you are using My Fitness Pal you will always log ALL activities and foods in My Fitness Pal, then, it syncs up with FitBit.com. It is very important that you log the start time along with the number of minutes so the activity is not double counted when the two programs sync with each other.
2. If you are not syncing with My Fitness Pal, then, you would simply log any activities not captured by Fitbit, such as bicycling, rowing, etc., under add activities.
And for those wondering how you convert the Activity from FitBit into Activity points, you do it in two ways as well. I can’t show you images at the moment for these as it is still showing up as an Active Link Subscriber. If you are not an Active Link subscriber, you would do the following:
1. Lookup/log your activity, i.e., spinning on your Weight Watchers Tracer.
2. If you are only tracking steps, there is a section that you can input how many steps you walked and it converts it to activity points.
I am just going to say it before I start on today’s food ~ the color theme seems to have been “brown” which isn’t so pretty.
It all started when I thought I’d mix up my usual Healthy Egg Roll and try something new….
After “frying” my tortilla, topping it with cheese and sriracha, I fried a Morning Star Hot & Spicy Sausage, crumbled it and scrambled it with an egg.
What I’d change…next time, I’d put the sriracha on top “eye appeal” and add some green chives or something for color. It was spicy, sausage-y, cheesy, good. 6 points+
Served up with a side of watermelon.
Before heading to my lunchtime spin class, I snacked on a light string cheese and a Tablespoon of sunflower seeds. I try to always have a snack about an hour before otherwise, I am ravenous after class and lunch does not satisfy me. (2 points+)
Lunch involved more brown stuff of a really good kind
1/2 cup Quick & Easy Slow Cooker Baked Beans (4 points+)
Plus a colorful salad! Organic mixed greens, red cabbage, carrots, 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds, 1 Tbsp. dried berries, orange cherry tomatoes & 1 Tbsp. Bolthouse Ranch. (3 points+)
I had planned an afternoon snack that I never had the chance to grab as the afternoon turned out to be a little crazy. Both The Husband and I were wiped out after a really long day and neither wanted to cook. We pondered cereal, mac n cheese, breakfast, then, decided….crunchy Chipotle Chicken Tacos! I may or may not have stole a few chips and some of his guacamole too.
3 crunchy chicken tacos stuffed with pico de galla, corn salsa, a sprinkle of cheese and lettuce all wrapped up in a brown wrapper!
Can you believe I never put any hot sauce on these?! (15 points+)
- STATS: 33 Daily Points+, 7 WPA used, 25 WPA remaining
- FB ~ see above for my recap.