I LOVE Pot Stickers often find most Asian places fry them in a lot of oil and do not use super lean meats. Making your own healthy version at home is easy. The best part is that they freeze well so you can have healthy pot stickers whenever the craving strikes.
Lately I have had a HUGE addiction to Won Ton and Pot Sticker Wrappers. You really can’t beat the fact that you get so many for so few calories/points and they are completely versatile.
My first attempt was the Oh My Squash Pot Stickers which ROCKED! This time I moved onto Chicken Pot Stickers which proved to be just as easy to make.
I can definitely see some pizza won tons, ravioli won tons, crispy cinnamon sugar won tons and MAYBE some NUTELLA filled won tons in my feature 😀
Next time you are at the store pick up some Won Ton or Pot Sticker Wrappers to experiment with – THEY ARE FUN and quite tasty!
Healthier Chicken Pot Stickers (Printable Version)
6 oz Chicken breast, skinless, boneless, raw
1/4 cup Onions, Spring Or Scallions
2 Tbsp Cilantro
2 tsp ginger root
2 garlic clove(s), minced
2 tbsp black bean sauce, teriyaki sauce, Szechuan or your favorite Asian sauce (you can mix and match too) – I used black bean & teriyaki
1 tsp Sriracha Chili Sauce
1 cup Broccoli Slaw or Napa Cabbage, chopped
1 1/4 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
2 tsp Olive oil or Nonstick spray
- Combine chicken through broccoli slaw in the food processor and pulse until combined. Do not puree it because you want to have some crunchiness from the vegetables.
- Place your won ton rounds on a dry surface and place a bowl of water nearby. Use your finger or a pastry brush to brush the outside edges of the won ton wrapper with the water.
- Scoop a 1/2 – 1 tsp of your chicken mixture into the center of each won ton.
- Fold won ton in half and press the edge together. You may need to use a pastry brush or your finger to wet the edges and place on a wire rack.
- Repeat process until all your filling is used.
- Heat a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray or a 1/2 tsp drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add 8 pot stickers and brown on each side.
- Add 1/4 cup water or chicken broth and “steam” until all the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from pan and Enjoy
- Makes 5 servings, 8 Pot Stickers each for only 5 POINTS+!!!
1. I was too lazy to whip out my BIG Food Processor so instead I used my Cuisnart 4-cup Chopper and filled it to the brim with everything.
2. Pulse until everything is combined yet still chunky ~ looks and sounds gross, but, it’s absolutely delicious!
3. Place your wrappers on a dry surface and use your finger or a pastry brush to wet the edges with water.
4. Place 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of your chicken filling in the middle of each wrapper.
5. Fold in half and press edges to seal. You may need to use additional water on the outside to help seal it. I like placing my wrappers on a cooling rack sprayed with nonstick spray (to keep them from sticking) while I make up the rest.
6. “Fry” your pot stickers first in nonstick spray or a little olive oil until they are browned on each side. Then, add your 1/4 cup water or chicken broth to “steam” them. Cook until the liquid evaportates.
Tadah! Easy, right?! They really are since you pretty much just dump everything in the Food Processor and go.