Hi all! I know I am bit spoiled (translation picky) as we not only have amazing fish in California, but, we have some of the best Mexican food around. That being said, I think I may have created my all time favorite fish taco recipe. When I think of fish tacos, they have to be in corn tortillas and include some type of spicy element and some type of citrus element. I am not sure if it’s the pop of the sweet, tangy, slightly spicy Mango Lime Slaw or how adding this slaw to these smoky, creamy fish tacos puts them over the top. Did I mention that each taco is only 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints or that it will take you 30 minutes to make these?! It might be that too. lol. Either way, you have to make these!
CHIPOTLE FISH TACOS WITH MANGO LIME SLAW (print it!)
- 6 oz Simply Baked Tilapia with signature seasoning (2 packets)
- 6 Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo, chopped
- 1 cup mango slaw (recipe below)
- 1 oz queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped, optional
- 6 lime wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and baked fish in foil packets according to instructions. Meanwhile, prepare the mango slaw, taco toppers and grill tortillas. Mix the greek yogurt and chipotle, then, set aside.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove from foil pack to a plate. Divide fish evenly among tortillas and drizzle with chipotle spread. Top with mango slaw, queso fresco cheese, cilantro if using and 1 slice avocado per taco. Serve with lime wedges and Enjoy!
Makes 6 tacos, 3 Smart Points Each, Simply Filling + 1 WPA
Nutrition facts per taco
MANGO LIME SLAW (print it!)
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage mix (I used Trader Joe’s tri color blend)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2/ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper
- Combine everything in a large bowl and toss until combined. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
Makes 3 cups, 0 SmartPoints, 100% Simply Filling
Nutrition Facts per 1/2 cup (based on 6 servings)
STEP – BY – STEP:
The folks at Gorton’s asked me if I’d be up for the challenge of picking any of their products and whipping up a delicious Weight Watchers SmartPoints friendly recipe. I love that most of their products run between 1-4 SmartPoints, their products are sustainably sourced and made with real ingredients.
For this recipe I used the Signature Seasoning Tilapia, but, think it would also be awesome with their Cajun Fillets.
You could eat this entire box for 4 SmartPoints and I’d count this as 100% Simply Filling as it’s made with real ingredients – fish and spices.
I love that there is zero mess, you simply place the bag on a cookie sheet, bake for 27-30 minutes and that’s it.
While the fish cooks, prepare the Mango Lime Slaw. Add everything to a big bowl.
You do not have to use the Taco Seasoning, but, I have to say I love having a little chili and sea salt on Mango so it only seemed right to add a little to the mix.
Whip up the chipotle spread by combining the greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo.
TIP: Once I open a can of chipotle in a adobo, I freeze it then chop off 1 Tbsp at a time to add to soup, sauces, etc.
Next prep the rest of the toppers – feel free to use anything you like on your fish tacos.
Finally, “fry” your tortillas in nonstick spray then place on a paper towel and wrap in foil to keep warm until ready to use.
You can get excited now as your almost ready to dive into something amazing! Layer it up by dividing that flaky fish among the tortillas and drizzling with the chipotle spread. I put my spread in a ziploc and snip the corn to make the “fancy” drizzle patterns you see below.
Add as much Mango Lime Slaw as you like to your tacos.
Finish by adding a slice of avocado to each taco then topping with a sprinkle of queso fresco and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for those who want an extra tang to their taco. Dive in and let the sweet, salty, spicy party begin!
This post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood but all opinions are my own. I have one more recipe coming your way this week for the Buffalo Shrimp Wraps I showed you all last week.
What are your favorite tacos to make and how do you top your tacos?