For my Feta-Recipe Finale, I really wanted to see if I could use that deliciously creamy Euphrates Feta Cheese in a sweet dish. (Totally Iron Chef like right?! LOL) I had pondered making Feta Brownies by creating a “feta cream cheese swirl” or possibly feta lemon bars. I really wanted something “lighter” that would be a finger food.
That is when I remembered my FAVORITE Thin Won Ton Recipe of all time!
~ You get 10 of these for only 3 points+!!!! (Tracey picked these up for me at a local Chinese Food Store).
I wasn’t really thinking that the feta would stand out against Nutella, but, knew I wanted to make it enhance our “turn overs” with salty, creamy, cheesy goodness.
The feta really compliments the sweet crunchy cinnamon & vanilla apples in a way that makes you think are biting into a crispy apple cheesecake turnover.
These turn overs are delicious when sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, but, feel free to get a little fancy and drizzle them with caramel or serve them with homemade vanilla been froyo!
CREAMY CINNAMON APPLE PIE WON TON TURN OVERS
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 36 Thin Won Ton Wrappers
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp sugar combined
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until apples are tender. place in the refrigerator to cool, about 3o minutes. Once chilled, fold in feta cheese.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two cooking sheets with parchment paper. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
3. Place about 1 tablespoons of apple filling into the center of each won ton wrapper, wet edges of wrapper with water and fold in half creating a triangle and sealing the edges. Place each finished won ton onto the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. Brush each won ton with the melted butter and bake for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to serving plate and sprinkle with reserved cinnamon sugar mixture.
Makes 9 servings, 4 Won Tons each, 3 points+ per serving
Nutritional information per 4 Won Ton Serving
HERE ARE THE OTHER EUPHRATES FETA – UP RECIPES:
You all are seriously the BEST!!! The folks are Euphrates have been blown away by your response to get your hands on some of their stinky cheese! I will be hosting a Euphrates Feta Giveaway in September where you all will have a few chances to win some FETA!!!