Happy Friday all! In keeping with yesterday’s theme of Single Serving Cakes In A Mug, here is another recipe I get asked for every year. It all started a few years back when we bought my Sister a pancake griddle and my brother a waffle maker. I really wanted to give them something to make up “fun” from our kitchen. I have made cookies in a jar before, so I figured, why not do that with one of my favorite pancake mixes. The added bonus is that It totally works for waffles too.
This recipe keeps in the Mason Jar for about 6 months. You can layer the ingredients or mix it all up before putting it in the jar.
It’s a fun, inexpensive gift that only takes minutes to make with what you have in your kitchen.
CINNMAMON PECAN “OATMEAL” PANCAKES IN A JAR (print it!)
DRY MIX INGREDIENTS IN THE JAR:
- 1 1/2 cups Oat Flour (grind up Oatmeal until it is “flour” in your blender/magic bullet)
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat or White All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsps. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 1/4 Tbsps. brown sugar (Maple Flakes would be awesome!)
To Make Batter Combine 1 1/3 Cups Dry
WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Directions ~ pour jar into a bowl, stir to combine and return to jar. Store in jar for up to 6 months.
1. To make Batter for Cinnamon Pecan Pancakes: In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 c milk, 1 egg, 2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Whisk in 1 1/3 cups prepared Dry Pancake Mix until moistened but still lumpy.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
3. Serve with butter, maple syrup, fruit and your favorite toppings.
Each pancake batch noted above, makes 6 pancakes, 4 points+ each
Attached your recipe card. I used this Microsoft Word Holiday Recipe Card Template.
We have such a busy and fun weekend plan starting with a trip to the Winery to pick up a few things for The Husband’s “super secret project” plus some wine, then, doing a little shopping, a whole lotta baking, card writing and present wrapping. Somewhere in there I hope to catch up with your comments, emails, etc. My goal is to check everything off our list this weekend (it’s ok, you can chuckle because I know The Husband thinks I am crazy too lol.)
Last chance to enter to enter for your chance to win this super sleek & slim Keurig K-Cup Storage Drawer.…..I know you or someone on your list wants one. The winner is drawn tomorrow night.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Have you ever made anything in a jar?
Do tell because I am obsessed with Mason Jars and all their possibilities from jam, to soups, to cookies, pancake mixes and more.