Hi all! Today started and ended just like a Monday but the middle of the day was actually great. Breakfast involved a super tasty open faced Eggwich with sliced tomatoes from our garden. We had a group lunch today at Ristorante Allegria. I could honestly make an entire meal out of the bread and dipping sauce and eat their homemade pastas all day long. But, I did not….here is what I’m proud of.
- Keeping my bread to only 3 baguette slices like the below.
- Picking a lunch special that included a side salad to start and half portion.
- Skipping not only pasta but doubling the garlic mashed potatoes with double veggies.
- Leaving their homemade fried onion rings behind.
- Counting my appetizer and dessert bites as well as balancing it out at dinner.
I had originally planned on eating an entire BLTA for dinner but decided I’d try it out – open faced so I still had to eat it like a full sandwich. I didn’t miss the other slice of bread and saved on points.
Daily Snap Recap:
B: Open Faced Eggwich: 1 slice Nature’s Own Butter Bread (2 sp) topped with 1/2 Tbsp Land O Lakes Whipped Butter (1 sp), a fried egg topped with Sriracha salt & pepper (2 sp), tomato spices, 1/2 nectarine
S: Grande iced Nonfat Latte with caramel on top (3 sp)
L:@ Ristorante Allegria – Salad with balsamic (1 sp), 3 pieces bead with dip (5 sp), 3 oz Teriyaki Skirt Steak (5 sp), tons of broccoli & carrots, appetizer & dessert bites – portioned as bites on my small plate to keep it as that (12 sp)
D: Open Faced BLTA – 1 slice Nature’s Own Butter Bread topped with 1/8 avocado, lettuce, tomato & 2 slices of this 1 Smartpoints Trader Joe’s Bacon (5 sp), 1 pc extra bacon because who can cook bacon without eating at least 1 pc (1 sp)
37 Daily Smartpoints, 12K steps