Hi all! How was your weekend? We had a fun weekend out in the sunshine where I racked up almost 30K steps. I kicked off April today with a little nostalgia. When I saw these super cute bunny cupcake holders, I knew I wanted to make these Homemade Peanut Butter eggs that my mom used to make us as kids. I have not made them forever (ok like 7 years) but I really wanted to make them today.
So, I dug through my recipe box and got to work. While making them, I realized 3 things.
- I’m so bad at “crafty” things as my crafts never look like the picture. My eggs are never going to be “pretty” as I decorate like a 5 year old and I’m so ok with that lol.
- Each egg is only 6 SmartPoints – I thought it would be so much more.
- I can’t eat sugar like I used – I used to eat several of these in one sitting but honestly 1/2 seemed so sweet to me. Definitely a good thing. I’m still giving them all to my co-workers, family & friends.
Today started out before sunrise as we headed to the Alameda Antique Fair. I wasn’t feeling too good before we left so we decided to have breakfast later at the fair. After the fair, we stocked up at the farmers market. I’m so excited for good strawberries. Would you believe me if I told you I wanted the strawberries over the pb eggs?! We lunched at The Habit and The Husband grilled up dinner.
Daily Snap Recap:
B: 1/2 Ham, egg, salsa Burrito (7 SP), Grande Nonfat Cappuccino with caramel on top (3 SP)
L:@Habit – Lettuce Wrapped Charburger no mayo (9 SP), side salad with ranch on the side (3 SP)
S: 1/2 c organic strawberries from the market
D: 3 oz TriTip (3 SP), grilled asparagus from the farmers market – a lighter dinner so I could have room for an egg
S: Quality Control tastes – 1 of the peanut butter egg filling and the other – a couple chocolate chips then 1/2 an egg (6 sp)
31 Daily SmartPoints
HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
- Cheese stuffed pork chops with pepper sauce, salad
- Chicken under a brick with roasted carrots & potatoes
- Spinach, Pepper, Olive pizza with salad
- Cooking Light Vietnamese Pork Noodle Salad
- BLTAs, Salad
Whats on your menu this week?