Get ready for Memorial day, your next picnic, potluck or barbecue with this easy, WWFreestyle Greek Pasta Salad that comes in at only 5 SmartPoints for one heaping scoop. Your family and friends will love you for bringing this salad that is packed with crunchy veggies, al dente pasta, creamy bits of feta and tangy olives all covered in a homemade red wine vinaigrette.
GREEK PASTA SALAD (print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- 8 oz Barilla Elbow Pasta
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata olives, halved
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain, rinse and place in a large bowl. Add onion, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, olives, feta, basil and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over pasta and gently tossed to combine. If you can resist not diving in, let marinate 1-2 hours.
Makes 12 servings, 1 cup each for 5 WWFreestyle SmartPoints
Nutrition facts per serving for all ingredients: