Happy Tuesday all! I actually started craving what I wanted for breakfast this morning last night…..It’s been way too long since I’ve had an egg-wich!
Served up with FREE Coffee on the Train for Customer Appreciation day
* 2 slices of Trader Joe’s FF Multi-Grain Bread (3 points+)
* 1 tsp whipped butter (1 points+) and totally optional
* 1 “fried” egg (2 points+)
Plus a BIG container of the BEST MELONS of the season to help keep me full for 4 hours.
I know some of you were wondering yesterday when I mentioned the “Mystery Soup” if I was going to eat it and if it was soup or sauce…..
I opened the container…stirred, smelled and knew EXACTLY what it was….Remember my 4 points+ Chicken Tortilla Soup???
Sometimes mystery containers from the freezer can be a good thing
Part 2 of my lunch was in my fancy new Attune’s Cereal Bowl.
It’s TOTALLY what’s on the inside that counts
* Organic romaine, red cabbage (for crunch & color), carrots, cherry tomatoes
* 1 tsp cranberries (0 points+)
* 1 Tbsp Roasted Walnuts (2 points+)
* Topped with 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Low-Fat Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (1 points+)
My lunch kept me surprisingly full all afternoon, but, I couldn’t resist busting into my planning afternoon snackage!
1 Tbsp of the best spread you will ever eat ~ Biscoff!! (2 points+)
If you are ever wondering if you should buy the spread, BUY IT, you will LOVE It if you LOVE the cookies!
Topped on TWO BIscoff Cookies (2 points+)…..
Seriously….words cannot even describe how good this is!
I have been asking Tracey for weeks now how she makes her grilled pizza because every time she does, I drool over the pictures.
She sent me a message on my train ride home that she wanted pizza tonight….So, I invited her over to show me how…..
Start off by “seasoning” your pizza stone (rubbing it with a little canola oil) and placing it on a cold grill. Pre-heat the grill with your stone on it for 15 minutes.
While the grill is heating, prep the pizza on the Pizza Peel! Rub corn meal all over the top of the peel.
NOTE ~ do NOT use stone ground, use fine ground or you end up with bird seeds
I used Trader Joe’s Pre-Made Pizza Dough and hand rolled it out before placing it on the peel and topping it with Trader Joe’s Pizza Sauce.
3 oz finely shredded part skim mozzarella
Pile all the low points+ toppings ~ Pickled Cherry Peppers, Pineapple, Olives
24 Turkey Pepperoni (3 points++
Finish with 2 Tbsp Parmesan. I would’ve totally added crushed red pepper flakes, but, the two spice wimps in the house out voted me
Take your pizza and peel to the BBQ and do a little shake/wiggle to slide it off the paddle. The corn meal is what allows it to slide right off.
Bootie shaking at the same time is totally acceptable.
It’s totally ok if the dough flows over the sides ~ that part just gets extra crunchy.
Isn’t Tracey looking skinny?! No, I didn’t say that because she was shaking her paddle at me….her pool workouts and healthy eats like (Grilled Pizza!) make her look amazing!
Close the lid and let your pizza grill for about 10-15 minutes depending on how hot your grill gets.
You made need to use the peel to move it around and check if it is done. We placed it on a cookie sheet when it was all done.
Salty, sweet, crunchy, spicy, cheesy, doughy…..GOOD!
Grilled Pineapple, Pepperoni, Olive & Pepper Pizza
- 16 oz homemade or pre-made refrigerator pizza dough
- 1/4 cup fine corn meal
- 1/2 cup homemade or jarred pizza sauce
- 3 oz finely shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 24 turkey pepperoni slices
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Place pizza stone on a cold grill and preheat to 400-450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
2. Place corn meal on a pizza peel or a flat cookie sheet.
3. Turn pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out using your hands into a pizza shape. Carefully move to the pizza peel that has the corn meal on it.
4. Add sauce, mozzarella, all your favorite toppings and finish with a parmesan sprinkle.
5. Shake pizza peel onto hot pizza stone and grill for 10-15 minutes, until the crush is cooked through and the cheese is bubbling.
6. Remove from stone, slice into 8 even slices and enjoy!
Makes 8 pizza slices, 5 points+ each
Nutritional information per slice
Serve with the a BIG salad loaded with everything you can find in the fridge & more!
Topped with a little 3-bean mix (YUM!), 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds & 1 Tbsp Newman’s Lite Lime Vinaigrette. (3 points+)
Thanks Tracey for showing me your Pizza Ways….I am pretty sure I will never be the same! I think Grilled Pizza NEEDS to become a regular thing in my life!
NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Have you ever grilled pizza? Do you grill yours on a stone or on the grill? Think it is better than in the oven?
This is the first time I have ever grilled a pizza and I have to say, it might be my favorite new thing! Half the fun is the way it cooks and using a pizza peel….the other half is just how GOOD it is!