My name is Angela from Oh She Glows and I am delighted to do a guest post for the lovely Danica today!
Today I am sharing with all of you my favourite pancakes in the entire world. They are healthy and vegan, yet extremely delicious and decadent. You will fall in love with these as soon as you taste them.
Healthy Peanut Butter Coconut Swirl Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 T organic cane sugar (or regular will do)
- 2 t baking powder (I use aluminum-free)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/3 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/2 T egg replacer mixed with 2 T warm water (or 1 egg)
Peanut Butter Swirl:
- 2 T peanut butter
- 1-2 T natural unsweetened applesauce
Coconut Maple Syrup:
- 1 generous T coconut oil
- 1/2 T Pure Maple Syrup
1. Mix dry batter ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Mix egg replacer in a small bowl and set aide. Whisk in milk into dry ingredients. Whisk in egg replacer. Add more milk to thin out if necessary. Set batter aside and preheat skillet. While skillet heats up, mix swirl batter into a small bowl or mug. Place swirl batter into a baggie and clip off end. This will allow you to pipe it into the pancakes. Pour batter onto skillet and immediately pipe the swirl onto the pancakes. Once bubbles have form and popped, flip pancakes and cook the otherside. Mix the syrup ingredients together and brush onto the cooked pancakes with a spoon. Garnish with shredded coconut. Now enjoy the most decadent and moist tasting pancakes you’ve ever had! Makes 6 medium sized pancakes.
This recipe was inspired by Fat Free Vegan’s cinnamon swirl pancakes.