Some nights I honestly do not feel like cooking and I wish dinner would just cook itself. Enter this super easy 20 minute Creamy Marsala Mushroom Pierogi Recipe that will have dinner on the table faster than take out.
Thick doughy noodles packed with cheesy potatoes topped with mushrooms and a creamy wine sauce.
Enjoy as is or serve it up with a simple salad.
MARSALA MUSHROOM PIEROGI’S (print it!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Marsala wine
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 16 oz potato and cheese pierogi
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Heat a large non-stick skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic, cooking until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add wine cooking until almost evaporated, about 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 minute. Add milk and chicken broth reducing heat to medium low.
- Add pierogis to water and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from water and add to the mushroom skillet. Turn the heat off, stir in Greek yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and divide into 4 bowls.
Makes 4 servings, 6 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each
Nutrition facts for all ingredients per serving:
STEP – BY – STEP:
While the Pierogi water bowls, heat a large non-stick skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic cooking until softened, about 5 minutes.Add marsala wine and cook until almost evaporated.Add pierogi to water cooking 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour and stir for 1 minute. Add the broth and milk, reduce heat to medium low cooking until sauce slightly thickens.Add pierogi to the marsala mushroom skillet.Turn off the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt, salt and pepper to taste.Top with parsley and divide evenly into 4 bowls.
Dive into this cheesy potato pasta that is covered in creamy marsala mushroom sauce.Catch ya’all later!