Hi all! How was your weekend? We had a blast this weekend celebrating the finale of my birthday week with our family. I maintained at weigh in this week and I am happy with that. I’ve enjoyed being spoiled by everyone eating everything I wanted in moderation. This week, I am back to my daily[Read More…]
Last night, The Husband wanted tacos and I wanted enchiladas without having to do the work to make enchiladas lol. Enter this 30 minute meal for super easy, cheesy Turkey & Black Bean Enchilada Skillet.
To build our skillet, I started with WWFreestyle Zero Point foods as my base – extra lean ground turkey, peppers, onions and black beans. I would’ve totally added corn if I had it too. I spiced things up with a little taco seasoning and smoked chipotle in adobo. The grilled tortillas add another layer of flavor working to soak up the enchilada sauce and hold all the melted cheese.
Serve it up with a topping bar for one fun, easy and Weight Watchers friendly dinner.
**For my vegetarian friends, you can find my Vegetarian Fiesta Enchilada Skillet Recipe here.
TURKEY & BLACK BEAN ENCHILADA SKILLET (print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle in Adobo
- 10 oz Old El Paso enchilada sauce
- 8 Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe’s Lite shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, avocado, extra cheese or nacho cheese, 0% Greek yogurt, jalapenos (add in any points)
- Spray a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the turkey, onion and bell pepper, cooking until browned and cooked through, about 8-9 minutes.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning and add chipotle. Add beans and enchilada sauce, stirring to combine. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tortillas, cheese and cilantro. Serve with toppers and enjoy.
Makes 6 one cup servings, 3 WWFreestyle Smartpoints
Nutrition facts for all ingredients:
STEP – BY – STEP:
Add turkey, onion and bell pepper to a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook over medium heat until browned and cooked through.Sprinkle with taco seasoning.Add black beans, chipotle and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine and continue cooking for 5 minutes to heat through.
You do not have to grill your Tortillas but I did as I’ve always wanted to try this ever since we got our gas stove. Turn the burner on medium and crisp each side for about 15 seconds.Remove the casserole from the heat. Add the chopped tortillas and cheese.Plus cilantro. Stir to combine and let the cheese melt.I could literally just scoop this mix straight from the pan and eat it. But, I refrained and plated it with several fun toppings. To the enchilada skillet, I served it on top on lettuce with cheese X’s 2 (2 Tbsp Lite shredded Mexican cheese & 2 Tbsp Tostitos Nacho cheese), tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, avocado & a dollop of 0% Greek Yogurt.
This bowl was all kinds of good – super cheesy, smoky from the chipotle & grilled tortillas that soaked up the tangy enchilada sauce. My entire bowl came in at 6 Smartpoints.Night all!