Happy Biggest Loser Day all! I feel sooooo much better knowing I am not the only one in the world who goes to bed “dreaming” about food . I actually LOVE knowing exactly what I am going to eat as soon as I get up in the morning ~ it makes packing up my lunch bag so much easier.
Several of you have asked me where I got the Jennie-O Sausage I used and what it looks like ever since I made those delicious Taco Muffin Cups! I pick this up in the meat section at my local Grocery Store.
The LEAN version says 90/10 on the package.
The BEST part ~ 2 links for 2 points+!
This morning I got my usualy Dirty Latte Got a new look! I LOVE the new symbol on the Starbuck’s cups other than now I have to take a bunch of NEW pictures LOL (4 points+).
My breakfast yesterday was SO GOOD, I had to have it again.
* 4 Kodiak Cakes (5 points+)
* 1 Tbsp Whipped Butter (2 points+)
* 1 Tbsp PURE Maple Syrup (1 point+)
* 1/2 cup strawberries (0 points+)
3 slices of Trader Joe’s Peppered Turkey Bacon drizzled with a little of my maple syrup from above (1 point+) LOVE!!!!!!
I LOVE how “stuffed” I feel after that breakfast ~ it kept me full for 6 hours and I wasn’t starving by lunchtime.
I actually couldn’t decide what to bring for lunch today and actually packed 3 options. In the end, I decided yesterday’s lunch was what sounded the best.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with carrots in a sage butter sauce (6 points+)
Spicy Asian Peanut Slaw (2 points+)!
I was content and full after lunch and didn’t think I NEEDED my pear. My mouth wanted a little something sweet so I busted out this box of conversation hearts I’ve had in my desk forever (yes, I like to STORE versus eat my candy ~ I don’t want it once I have it LOL).
I had to READ this one twice ~ at first I thought it said “JUMP ME!” Then, I realized it says “Jump 4 Me” ~ still, who says that?! Funny!
On the way home, I stopped to buy White Chocolate Chips just so I could make Shannon’s cookies!
2 Point+ White Chocolate Almond Cookies to be exact!!!
I had 2 right off the pan ~ HOT! They are super tasty and chewy. If you LOVE almond extract, you will LOVE these cookies. If not, use vanilla and you will still LOVE these cookies!
Dinner tonight involved SHRIMP, BACON AND ROASTED VEGETABLES ~ all good things in my book!
I wanted to experiment with the NEW Mediterranean Italian Dressing the Folks at Wish Bone sent me to try. I really like this flavor ~ it’s slightly sweet, yet, tart and you can taste the lemon in it!
1 Point+ per tablespoon!
MEDITERANEAN ROASTED SHRIMP & VEGETABLE SALAD WITH BACON
Adapted from Wish Bone Recipes
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone Mediterranean Italian Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel or celery
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 large shallots or 1 small onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. uncooked, deveined and peeled large shrimp
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 4 Slices Trader Joe’s Peppered Turkey Bacon, cooked
1. Preheat oven to 400. Marinate shrimp in 1/4 cup of the Wish Bone Dressing for 15 minutes. Pour onto a baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes, until pink and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, toss 1/4 cup Wish-Bone Dressing with tomatoes, fennel, zucchini, shallots and garlic and pour onto a cookie sheet. Turn heat to oven to 425 degrees and roast, stirring once, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Combine vegetables and shrimp. Divide salad into four bowls and top with roasted shrimp/vegetable mix. Crumble 1 piece of turkey bacon over each salad and enjoy!
Makes 4 LARGE salads, 5 points+ each
This recipe is really easy to put together.
Prepare our shrimp (I buy the deveined and shelled already so I just unthaw them).
Marinate in a 1/4 cup of dressing, then, roast at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prep your veggies and toss with 1/4 cup dressing.
Roast at 425 for about 25 minutes stirring once.
Add your vegetables and shrimp to a large bowl to toss.
Serve over mixed greens…….This salad is delicious just like this…..
But, doesn’t BACON make everything better?! I crumbled a 0 POINT+ piece of Turkey Bacon over the top of our salads to make “bacon” croutons!
Thanks to the folks at Wish Bone for the recipe idea, dressings and a chance coming up tomorrow for you all to win a SUPER SALAD SPINNER GIVEAWAY!!!
NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
I actually am heading over to TJ’s TEST KITCHEN on Friday to whip up some NEW RECIPES with her. I am being tasked with bringing the salad. So my question today is….
If you had to bring a salad to go with ITALIAN FOOD, what would you bring?