Hi everyone! I’m Brandi from BranAppetit and I’m so happy to be guest posting for Danica. I had the chance to meet her (and her husband!) at the Foodbuzz Festival last year, and they are so friendly and funny!
I love reading about their travels and eats and I’m excited to help her out while they’re gone.
Now, I love a good brownie.
To me, the perfect brownie is dense, fudgy, and all chocolate. Cakey brownies? No thanks. I leave the cake to be cake-like.
The only things that can make a regular brownie even better? A layer of sweet, cinnamon graham cracker on the bottom and roasty, sticky sweet marshmallows on top. And with fall setting in, the toasty flavor of marshmallows is the perfect addition to dessert – especially when you don’t have a bonfire handy.
Even better – these are pretty healthy! So no worries if you go back for seconds or thirds.
Graham Cracker Crust:
– 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
– ½ cup Earth Balance, melted
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup whole wheat flour
– ½ cup applesauce
– 1/3 cup water
– ½ cup cocoa powder
– ¾ tsp baking powder
– ¼ tsp salt
– ½ -1 cup chocolate chips
– 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease 8×8 pan.
3. Combine melted Earth Balance (or butter) with graham crackers and press into baking dish.
4. Bake crust for 7-8 minutes.
5. While crust is working, mix together all ingredients except marshmallows.
6. Pour brownie batter on crust.
7. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until batter is cooked through.
8. Top with marshmallows and turn oven to broil.
9. Put baking dish back in oven until tops of marshmallows are bubbling and browning.
10. Let cool before cutting.
Brandi is one awesome cook that is always whipping up delicious healthy eats with a few treats. She definitely inspires me to lead a healthy lifestyle by finding a healthy balance and I LOVE that she is a fellow Weight Watcher success :D. Be sure to stop by her site to find more recipes like this one.
Thanks, Brandi ~ what is not to love about CHOCOLATE, MARSHMALLOW and GRAHAM CRACKERS ~ I cannot wait to make these!