Crunchy, Sweet & Salty Popcorn and graham crackers covered with creamy, melted, marshmallows, chocolate and sprinkles ~ interested??? What if I told you this Healthy S’mores Popcorn recipe is one delicious Weight Watchers treat that is only 5 Smartpoints a serving?
One of my favorite things about summer is S’Mores ~ it’s a definite requirement on my list when we go camping. I have totally been known to make S’mores over our BBQ if no campfire is available. I know there are plenty of critics on how a good s’mores is made but my all time favorite part is the soft marshmallow inside ~ the “burnt” marshmallow is really only used to melt the chocolate and make graham crackers taste amazing (and not like a “healthy cookie” your mom gave you as a kid for a treat). The only thing is….now I am not sure I can go back to just a “s’mores” and now everyone will have to pack popcorn when they camp with me!
S’MORES POPCORN (print it!)
- 1 box SkinnyPop Original Popcorn, about 12 cups
- 2 honey graham cracker sheets or 8 crackers
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Hershey’s snack size milk chocolate bar
- sprinkles, optional
- Cook popcorn according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, put the graham crackers in a baggie and break into small pieces. Pour in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the marshmallow fluff and butter. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until the butter is melted. Watch the bowl as the marshmallow puffs up.
- Pour the marshmallow butter over the popcorn graham mix. Toss. Shave chocolate bar on top and add sprinkles. Toss and dive in.
Makes 6 servings, 5 SmartPoints each
Nutrition facts per serving:
A little background before I dive into how I made this tasty snack. The folks at SkinnyPop asked if I could help them out by creating a healthy summer recipe using their popcorn. Is it normal that my thoughts went straight to S’mores Popcorn!
Each 4.5 cup serving is just 4 SmartPoints ~ that’s a lot of popped goodness.
Just 3 simple ingredients ~ just the way popcorn should be.
STEP – BY – STEP:
Here are my “healthy” ingredients.
I really dig that SkinnyPop pops up into it’s own bowl and they have fun trivia facts on the box. Pop according to the directions (my box took about 2.5 minutes)
Meanwhile, add your graham crackers to a baggie and crush into bite size cookies.
Melt the marshmallow fluff and butter in a small bowl. Microwave for 20-30 seconds until the butter melts.
Add the popcorn, cookies and marshmallow to a large bowl and toss.
Using a grater, shave one Hershey’s snack size bar over the top. You do have to add sprinkles but I love the taste and crunch they bring to the mix.
I promise, this popcorn is totally worth getting your fingers sticky ~ see what I mean??
I used my 1 cup measuring bowl to scoop out servings making it even more fun to eat.
You know I have to ask ~ How do you make your S’Mores?