Hi all, zesty here from zestycook.com.
Do you like cookies? I love them and these may be the best darn sugar cookies you ever sunk your teeth, gums or dentures into. Now I can not take full credit as it is my Mom’s recipe but when these sugar cookies are cooked right – these are definitely super star cookies.
These sugar cookies are not difficult to make and I love how chewy they are. Have these along side a tall chilled glass of milk and you’ll never turn back!
* 1 1/2 Cups butter, softened
* 2 Cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
* 5 Cups all-purpose flour
* 2 Tsp. baking powder
* 1 Tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
5. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
6. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter.
7. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven.
9. Cool completely.
Zesty Tip: When asked to preheat your oven in the recipe, ensure you follow those directions and do not start the baking process before the oven is preheated.