Happy Sunday all! This morning I was really excited to go to my Weight Watcher’s Meeting since it was The Husband’s first meeting. I have a feeling I am a bit more excited about it then he is, but, it is super cute to see him thinking about what he is eating before he eats it and how he can make a better choice ~ Baby steps, right?!
I have a confession to make to you all and it honestly has not happened in a long time. I actually started off last week completely prepared and motivated to make my birthday week a loss week. I did great at eating all the meals/healthy snacks I planned, but, somewhere after Wednesday, I just sort of gave in….I stopped tracking and thought eh, I can just eat anything I want since it’s my birthday week LOL…..
Definitely NOT the right thing to do, but, add to that a bit of stress and PMS and somehow I just couldn’t resist all those darn mini twixes in the candy jar. That being said, I was really glad the scale was nice to me today and let me MAINTAIN!
For me, that is a WIN and I am ready to make this week a 100% tracking week to make sure the scale goes down next week.
Breakfast ~ a Whole Grain Aussie Cake my leader brought in from Costco (3 points+). I like they used whole flax seeds and it surprisingly filled me up.
Plus a cutie, apple and coffee!
She tried to convince all of us that this Asparagus Guacamole tastes just like the real deal. I am a bit of a skeptic, but, I am totally up for giving it a try since it’s 0 points+!
Before heading out to stock up for the week, we stopped at Starbuck’s for lattes (3 points+)
I was pretty much starving by the time we walked in the door at 1 pm. I let The Husband pick out lunch and he picked my favorite bread ~ Trader Joe’s Fat Free Multi-Grain Bread.
2 slices for 3 points+ and packed with sweet grain deliciousness!
Turkey, Ham & Pepper Jack Sandwiches
- 1 oz Honey Ham (1 points+)
- 2 oz Honey Turkey (1 points+ ~ yup, it’s less!)
- 1 slice Hot Pepper Jack (2 points+)
- Organic Greens, Tomatoes and Hot & Sweet Mustard
- 2 slices Trader Joe’s FF Multi-Grain Bread
Topped off with 17 Sour Cream & Onion Pop Chips (2 points+)
I will almost always pick the real deal bread because it just tastes better.
After lunch, I decided to whip up some Apple Cinnamon Chip Muffins for The Husband and I this week to satisfy his sweet tooth. You all might remember my leader making these Cinnamon Chip Muffins before….this is my take on them.
APPLE CINNAMON CHIP MINI MUFFINS (print it!)
- 16 oz Trader Joe’s Apple Bread Mix (or your favorite cake or quick bread mix)
- 15 oz can Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 5 oz Mini Cinnamon Chips
- 1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 24 cup nonstick mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended.
3. Scoop into the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and the muffins spring back to touch. Enjoy warm or cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 48 mini muffins, 1 points+ each
Nutritional information per mini muffins calculated at caloriecount.com
STEP – BY – STEP
Here is everything you need to make this recipe. You can actually use any spice cake or bread mix for this recipe.
I tend to gravitate towards Trader Joe’s Apple Spice Bread Mix because I can recognize every ingredient and there are NO transfats in the mix.
The mix is 3 points+ for 1/12 of it ~ not too shabby!
This recipe is so simple to make ~ you pretty much just combine everything in the bowl…
Until well blended….
Then bake according to the package, about 18-20 minutes or until the muffins look golden and spring back when touched.
I had 3 muffins for snack with coffee and it was awesome! The little cinnamon chips make these muffins seem so decadent.
Dinner was one of my favorite dishes of all time ~ Every single time we have Kicked Up Sweet Potato BLTA Nachos, I wonder why we do not have them more often! (11 points+)
I totally made up a dish to have this for lunch tomorrow too ~ I cannot wait!!!
HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
- Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese & Salad
- Individual 7 Layer Dip & Chips with Veggies Stix
- Lemon Chicken & Leek Pasta with Mushrooms and Salad
- Kale, Kielbasa and Bean Soup
- Pizza, Salad or Breakfast!
What are you all fixin’ this week? Are you trying any new foods or recipes?