Happy Monday everyone! This giveaway is one that really touched my heart and I am truly honored to be participating in such a great cause. Everyone can use a little pick me up now and then. But for the millions of military families manning the fort at home while their loved ones are away serving, a gesture of Cheer is especially welcome.
When our troops are called to serve, their families must rise to meet the challenges of service as well. To thank them, Cheerios and the USO have partnered in a postcard campaign that spreads Cheer directly to these honorable military families and supports USO programs. Here´s how it works:
- During the 2011 holiday season, specially-marked boxes of Cheerios cereal will feature Cheer postcards on the front of the box. Consumers can simply cut out the postcard from the Cheerios logo, write a message of thanks on the back, add a stamp and mail the pre-addressed card to the USO. The USO will deliver the Cheer card to military families across the country.
- For each postcard received through November 2012, Cheerios will make a $1 donation to the USO to help fund programs that support military families.
- To kick off the campaign, Cheerios has already donated $150,000 to the USO and will donate up to an additional $100,000 based upon the number of postcards received from specially marked boxes now through November 30th, 2012.
Sending a "Cheer" postcard is a simple way to say thanks and lift the spirits of our country´s military families.
The folks over at Cheerios sent me some cheer to pass along and now they are giving one lucky reader the same chance.
It doesn’t hurt that Cheerios is definitely a Weight Watcher Friendly whole grain product clocking in at only 3 points+ a serving for ALL their cereals!
ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE THIS FUN PRIZE PACK :
* Cheerios cereal bowl
* Cheerios cereal spoon
* A Super COOL cereal dispenser ~ it seriously makes having cereal fun!
* "Cheer" box of Cheerios
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Simply leave your FIRST comment telling me what your favorite type of Cheerios cereal is. I personally LOVE Honey Nut Cheerios topped with a lot of 0 points+ fruit!
2) TWEET and/or Facebook about this giveaway. “@danicasdaily is partnering with Cheerios to send some Holiday Cheer to Military Families this year click here to enter http://goo.gl/nTLea“ Be sure to leave a SECOND comment to let me know you did
3) If you have a blog, LINK back to this contest and leave a THIRD comment letting me know you did.
If you don’t have a blog, just leave a comment below telling me someone you told about this giveaway.
The Fine Print: Cheerios cereal, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.
The winner will be randomly drawn and announced on Thursday, December 8, 2011!
I will be back tonight with my thoughts on the New 2012 Weight Watchers Program changes and hopefully a weekly menu if I have time!
Good luck everyone ~ Cheer-io for now