It’s not really a secret that I love shrimp, ranch and spicy foods…most likely in that order too! This Buffalo Shrimp Wrap Recipe is a spin on a recipe I created when The Husband and I first started dating. He will tell you its when I create science projects in the kitchen to get him to eat better without knowing its good for him. Honestly though, I wanted to put a healthier spin on one of his favorite things so I could eat it too: buffalo wings dipped in cool, creamy ranch.
Enter these deliciously, easy wraps. I took the carrots & celery you get on the side, mixed with them a low-fat Homemade ranch and a little cheese then topped them with these crispy, buttery, panko crusted shrimp tossed in a sweet & spicy sauce. If you have time, I highly recommend making your own flour tortillas. If not, do not worry, I guarantee everyone will be requesting you make these again and again.
BUFFALO SHRIMP WRAPS (print it!)
- 5 La Tortilla Smart & Delicious Light Flour Tortillas or make your own!
- 1 oz finely shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup low-fat ranch
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 15 Gorton’s Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 Tbsp cocktail sauce
- Cook shrimp according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, mix the cheese, celery, carrot and ranch. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then, set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a nonstick pan for about 30 seconds per side. Place in foil and wrap to keep warm.
- Combine the Frank’s Red Hot with the cocktail sauce. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove the tails and toss in a large bowl with the Frank’s sauce to coat.
- Build your wraps by dividing the ranch mixture among the tortillas and topping with 3 shrimp. Wrap it up and dig in!
Makes 5 Buffalo Shrimp Wraps, 8 Smartpoints Each
Nutrition facts per wrap:
STEP – BY – STEP:
The star of these wraps is this crispy, crunchy, shrimp that bakes up perfectly in minutes. If you can find Gorton’s new shrimp in Buffalo sauce you can skip a step.
3 shrimp for 4 SmartPoints or 5 for 6 Smartpoints.
Make your cool ranch filling by combining the cheese, carrots, celery, ranch, salt & pepper.
Build your wraps spreading 1/5th of the cool ranch veggies on a warmed tortilla.
Remove the tails from your shrimp, add the Frank’s Red Hot Cocktail sauce and toss to coat.
Then, add your spicy buffalo shrimp to the wrap.
Wrap and Roll! Crispy, crunchy shrimp with a little sweet heat that gets cooled by the ranch veggies and cheese.
This post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood but all opinions are my own