As you may have noticed, I love eggs and eat them daily. However, not all eggs are created equal. This is why I’ve partnered with Nellie’s Free Range Eggs to create this deliciously easy, cheesy, veggie packed quiche recipe for you all.
This protein packed vegetarian quiche packs on the flavor of sweet tomatoes, asparagus, spinach and basil with two types of cheese in a rich buttery crust. It’s a great way to start your day with a well balanced meal or serve it up with a simple side salad for a low Smartpoints dinner.
CHEESY VEGGIE & HERB QUICHE (print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- One 9 inch frozen or fresh pie crust
- 7 Nellie’s Free Range Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Dashes crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Place a large sheet of foil on a cookie sheet. Place pie crust on top and use the foil to cover the edges of the pie crust yo prevent them from burning.
- Whisk eggs, milk, ricotta, parmesan salt, pepper and crush red pepper flakes together. Stir in spinach, asparagus, green onion, basil, thyme and garlic. Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the quiche is cooked through and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 quiche wedges for 6 WWFreestyle Smartpoints
Nutrition facts per serving for all ingredients:
STEP – BY – STEP:
The main ingredient in making a super delicious quiches starts with the eggs you pick. Nellie’s raises their hens on small batch free range farms that are certified humane. This means that Nellie’s treats their hens like friends making them the happiest hens on earth. The hens love spending their days in the sunshine and laying nutritious eggs that simply taste better than factory-farmed eggs.Start by whisking your bright yellow eggs with a little milk, salt, pepper(s) and cheesy goodness.Chop up yor favorite fresh veggies and herbs. I used a mixture from our garden and the farmers market.Stir in the herbs and veggies into the egg mix.Pour the veggie egg mixture into the quiche crust and cover the edges with foil to prevent the crust from burning.Bake at 350 for 55-60 or until the quiche is cooked through, the top is slightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool 5-10 minutes before slicing into 8 wedges and serving.Be sure to check back tomorrow for your chance to win Nellie’s Free Range Eggs with one Eggsellant Giveaway!
Leave a Reply