When I was first pondering recipes for using BEER, I thought of things like this simple Cheddar BEER Soup and maybe a delicious BEER Bread. Then, I thought why not find a way to put them all together. The BEST bread I?ve ever had with CHEESE in it was that Corn Bread at Rutherford?s Grill. One day, I swear, I am going to go there and order a pan of it and not share
My goal in my Beer Recipes was to use up my entire can of Chipotles in Adobo (since I already have a bunch of half open ones in the freezer). I decided that I would recreate Rutherford?s delicious corn bread and make it slightly sweet, smoky, cheesy, crunchy corn bread with REAL corn, (green onions for color ) and BEER for an even richer flavor.
The RESULT ~ I ended up eating 2 straight out of the oven and pondered if I had to share with anyone else. Even The Husband LOVED them and you all know how he is about corn in his food. They really are THAT good!
CHIPOTLE CHEDDAR BEER CORN BREAD MUFFINS
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and warm, not hot
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Mighty Arrow Pale Ale
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups shredded, Low-Fat sharp cheddar (6 ounces)
- 2/3 cup corn, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 green onions. minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Chipotle chilies in 1 Tbsp adobo sauce, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 and prepare two muffin pans by spraying with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
3. In another medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, beer, and cornmeal until thoroughly blended.
4. Add the flour mixture, grated cheese, green onions, corn, chipotle chilies, and garlic. Fold gently until just combined. The batter will still be a little lumpy.
5. Fill muffin pan about three-quarters full each (add an inch or so of water to any empty cups). I use my ice cream scooper to make sure they are all evenly sized.
6. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes minutes until corn muffins are lightly browned on top and will spring back when touched in the center.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack.This corn bread is best served warm, almost right out of the oven. (ummm, I ate one, then, TWO! before I had to just walk away!)
Makes 17 Muffins, 4 points+ each
Nutritional information per serving using caloriecount.com
The ?secret? BEER ingredient in these muffins is Mighty Arrow Pale Ale. If you wanted a richer/stronger flavor, you could go with a darker beer. Mighty Arrow is subtle, but, it?s enough to let you know it?s in there.
Whisk together the the melted butter, Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs and beer.
Whisk in corn meal. TIP ~ to save money if you don?t want to buy an entire box of Corn Meal, just go to the bulk bins and buy about 1/2 a cup to use in this recipe.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry just until combined.
Add the BEST Corn Bread Ingredients to the mix (aside from sugar, honey & corn meal).
Fold in just until blend.
Scoop into prepared muffin pans.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes until puffy, golden and delicious.
Cool on a wire rack and store extras in an air tight container in the fridge.
Resist digging in and trading in TWO muffins for the real lunch you had planned
These corn bread muffins are highly addictive. Make them ONLY when you can share with others?.they are sweet, spicy, cheesy, moist, crunchy and just plain good! Enjoy!
NEW BELGIUM RECIPES POSTED
* Chipotle Cheddar BEER Corn Muffins. 4 points+
NEW BELGIUM RECIPES COMING UP NEXT
* Honey Chipotle BBQ BEER Sauce
* Chili Lime BEER Buttered Corn
* Peach BEER-Berry Cobbler
* Plus all the ?fixin?s? you need to go on the side for one awesome BEER-Becue!
Stay tuned for more from my Cooking with BEER Series!