Happy Tuesday all! It is days like today where I decide to get a little adventurous in the kitchen that make me appreciate the Mega Veggie Challenge I have going on for September. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE vegetables, but, when you are eating close to 5+ cups a day, it can get a little tough to figure out different ways to have them and to not feel like you are going to to into a cucumber or tomato or piece of broccoli.
Today I managed to enjoy all my veggies and actually wanted to go back for more!
Breakfast was “ham & eggs” whipped up quickly in the microwave with some zucchini and tomato (2 pts)
Plus a grande iced decaf nonfat latte (2 pts)
Mid morning Cheese (1 pt)
I actually made myself get up a little earlier so I could have time to whip up my Chef Salad and take a proper photo.
* Cherry Tomatoes
* Bell Pepper
* 1/8 AVOCADO
* A few chickpeas that I put on after 😀
* 1 slice Low-Fat Swiss
* 2 oz Smoked Turkey
Topped with Newman’s Light Lime Vinaigrette (7 pts)
Dessert ~ Jello and homemade whipped cream (2 pts)
I was hungry an hour after I ate lunch, but, I held out for 3 hours before crunching on 30 pistachios. Pistachio’s are one of my favorite nuts to eat because you get to “crack” them open making them seem like more, but, also because they are just plain good (3 pts).
But, I was STILL hungry after 20 minutes so I had part 2 of my snack ~ Celery sticks with a Sun Dried Tomato Basil Laughing Cow Wedge (1 pt). This is by far my favorite new flavor – it makes me think of pizza.
As I was crunching away, I got to thinking about my Sobe Lifewater.
Notice how they claim that there are ZERO Calories…..
Yet, 6 grams of Carbohydrates per serving.
4 calories x 6 grams x 2.5 servings = this bottle could potentially hold 60 CALORIES!
Is this really 0 calories?
Erythritol is their natural sweetener and the Black Carrot Juice I would imagine are what is adding the carbs….everything else is a vitamin for the most part.
JUST CURIOUS…DO ANY OF YOU KNOW? Inquiring minds like me wanna know 🙂
Thought provoking, huh? LOL….Yup, these are the things that fill my brain up throughout the day 😉
Moving on…..Dinner was easy to make and pretty darn awesome!
Creamy Cremini Mushroom Chicken
4 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
3 green onions, sliced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Wedges
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1. Heat 2 teaspoon EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with sea salt and black pepper. “Fry” in the oil until lightly browned on each side, about 5 minutes each. Remove to a plate, keep warm.
2. Add remaining teaspoon EVOO to pan along with the mushrooms, green onions and garlic. Cook until mushrooms soften, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, Laughing Cow and Italian seasoning, cooking until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
5. Return chicken to pan, cover and cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes longer. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings, 5 points each
I really wanted to have some “potatoes” with my chicken, but, I wanted to stay true to my 2 cups of vegetables with dinner goal.
Enter…….Jicama “Hash Browns”! TJ, I am pretty sure you are going to make these soon 😀
Can I just say that the result was just short of AMAZING! The Husband even liked them and asked for mine over the potato hash browns I made him 😀
Jicama “Hash Browns”!!
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 small sweet onion, red, Walla Walla, or Vidalia, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1/2 medium sized jicama, peeled & shredded on the Large side of the grater (about 12 oz)
1/4 cup water
Garlic Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1. Heat EVOO in a large NONSTICK skillet over medium high heat. Add bell pepper and onion, cooking until softened, about 6-7 minutes.
2. Add jicama and water, cooking down until all the water is evaporated and the “hash browns” begin to brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Makes 4 servings. 1/2 cup each, 1 point each
I balanced out my mushroom chicken & hashbrowns with a little green goodness ~ Steamed Broccollini with a little ICBINB Spray (0 pts)
MMMM, I so WISH we had leftovers!
While dinner was cooking, I also whipped up this fun Yogurt Topper ~ Recipe coming soon!
The end 🙂