It’s not really a secret that I had an insane love for anything made with shrimp. Now that it’s zero points, I am on a mission to find all the ways I can cook shrimp. Enter this amazing Shrimp Fajita Salad that comes in at only 2 WWFreestyle Smartpoints a serving.
This crunchy salad has layers of flavor – smoky, garlicky shrimp, sweet caramelized onions & peppers and a little spice with pico de gallo that gets cooled with avocado. All served up with warm mini 2 SmartPoints flour tortilla so you can have your salad and a fajita too.
FAJITA SHRIMP SALAD ( print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp avocado or canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2-3 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp agave nectar or honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large romaine head, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots & cabbage
- Optional toppers: Pico de Gallo, Avocado, mini flour tortillas
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tbsp avocado oil and onion, browning 3 minutes. Add peppers and 1 Tbsp taco seasoning. Continue cooking until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and cook until water cooks off. Remove from heat and add 1/2 the lime juice, agave and 1/2 the cilantro. Set aside.
- Toss shrimp with 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning, garlic and 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add shrimp. Cook 4-5 minutes until shrimp is opaque and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in remaining lime juice and cilantro.
- Build your salad tossing the romaine with the carrots and cabbage. Top with fajita veggies, shrimp, pico de gallo and avocado. Serve with a warmed mini tortilla.
Makes 4 salads, 2 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each, 100% Simply Filling (add points for toppings & tortillas)
Nutrition facts per serving with all ingredients:
STEP – BY – STEP:
Brown the onions with avocado oil over medium high heat, about 3 minutes.Add the bell pepper and 1 Tbsp taco seasoning. Cook 3- 4 minutes.Add 1/4 cup water and cook until the water evaporates and the veggies softened, about 3 minutes.Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 the lime juice, agave, and 1/2 the cilantro.Resist eating these fajita veggies straight from the pan and set aside.Toss the shrimp with 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning, garlic and 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil.Cook over medium high heat 4-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
Remove from heat and stir in remaining cilantro and lime juice.Tadah! I could totally eat this pan of shrimp straight up.?I found these 2 Smartpoint flour tortillas and thought they’d be the perfect salad scoopers. I heated 4 of them in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 30 seconds at 50% power.Build it and everyone will come eat dinner with you!
My entire bowl with all the fixin’s comes in at 4 WWFreestyle Smartpoints. There is so much flavor in the smoky shrimp, carmelized veggies and pico that no dressing is required.Have a great weekend all!