Cool off this summer with this easy, vegetarian WWFreestyle Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad that comes in at only 6 SmartPoints for one heaping scoop. This salad is packed with crunchy veggies, al dente cheesy filled pasta pockets, creamy bits of feta and tangy olives all covered in a homemade red wine vinaigrette. The garbanzo beans add protein staying power making this a great dinner salad or side at your next barbecue.
GREEK PASTA SALAD (print it!)
- 12 oz Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini, chopped
- 15 oz garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook tortellini according to instructions. Drain, rinse and place in a large bowl. Add onion, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, pepperoncini, garbanzo beans, olives, feta, basil and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over pasta and gently tossed to combine. If you can resist not diving in, let marinate 1-2 hours.
Makes 12 servings, 1 cup each for 6 WWFreestyle SmartPoints
Nutrition facts per serving for all ingredients: