One thing I really wanted to try in my Instant Pot when I first got it was lasagna. I just did not really dig the idea of building all the layers in a round spring form pan. It seemed too ‘fancy’ for me. Enter this super easy healthy Instant Pot lazy lasagna recipe that does not require building a casserole and is ready in 30 minutes!
What’s not to love about Hot Italian Sausage, garlic, herbs, wine, spicy red sauce, big noodles…And a whole lotta cheesy goodness!
Did I mention that you get stringy cheese with every meaty, noodley bite of this 8 WWFreestyle Smartpoint Lasagna Casserole?!
INSTANT POT LAZY LASAGNA (print it!)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 Hot Italian Turkey Sausages, casing removed
- 25 oz Trader Joe’s Arrabiata Sauce
- 15 oz beef broth
- 1 cup good red wine
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz campanelle pasta
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 3 oz Trader Joe’s Lite Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan
- Set your Instant Pot to saute. When “HOT” displays add the olive oil, onion and garlic cooking for 1 minute. Add the ground turkey and sausage, about 4-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Hit cancel.
- Add the pasta sauce, beef broth, wine, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix well. Add pasta making sure the noodles are covered with the liquid.
- Close lid, seal and set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. When cooking time ends, quick release pressure and wait for steam to completely stop before opening lid.
- Stir in cottage cheese and 2 oz mozzarella. Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Cover for a couple if minutes until melted. Remove lid, serve and dive in!
Makes 10 heaping 1 cup servings, 8 WWFreestyle Smartpoints
Nutrition facts for all ingredients per serving:
STEP – BY – STEP:
Turn Instant Pot to saute, Add olive oil onion, garlic, turkey and sausage cooking until browned, about 6-8 minutes. Hit cancel. Sprinkle in Italian Seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes.Stir in broth, wine and noodles pushing noodles into sauce to cover.Seal and set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. It will take about 10-12 minutes to pressurize before counting down. Once the timer beeps, quick release pressure and open lid after the pin drops. Stir in cottage cheese and 2 oz mozzarella.Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and cover for a couple of minutes to melt it.Try not to get too excited when you open the lid and see this deliciousness!!
Scoop and enjoy!Night all!