A Caterer or a Party Planner or something fun like that! I LOVE it and better yet, my side kick (the Husband) is a fantastic Sous Chef. How awesome would that be!? Or maybe not if I had to cook every day for a living LOL. I totally LOVE cooking for other people and hosting parties and today was no exception. I was in charge of putting together our entire Year End Celebration. I actually pondered hiring my favorite caterer, but, when it came down to it, I knew I could do it for less and have fun doing it too!
FUN FACT about me that I bet you all probably didn’t know ~ I give away like 80% of the foods I cook to friends, family and co-workers. The other 20% ends up in the freezer….I am kidding. We do eat like 10% of it LOL……I often cook for us and others though because it allows me to try all new things you all see on here, take a few servings and give the rest away (built in portion control!)
Anyway….it was just a random thought I had today while driving home. My day actually started off with the BEST OATMEAL BAR EVER…
Since my car was packed with today’s luncheon goodies, I figured I’d try out the Café Oatmeal Bar. I am pretty sure I took a little bit of everything.
- 1 cup oatmeal (4 points+)
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar + 1 Tbsp Dried Cranberries (2 points+)
- 2 Tbsp Granola (1 points+)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
There is just something so delicious about the way brown sugar melts over hot oatmeal that makes it phenomenal.
My Cup-O-Oats kept me going all morning and helped me not devour everything as we set up for the luncheon.
Props to The Husband for helping me put together everything last night for our “Salad Bar”
For those wondering, here is what was in the mix:
- 2 lbs organic mixed greens
- 4 lbs organic romaine
- 2 packages shredded organic carrots
- 1 organic red cabbage, shredded
- 3 organic English cucumbers, halved
- 1 BIG container cherry tomatoes
Then, I put out all my FAVORITE salad toppers (sunflower seeds, croutons & mixed berries) with the two most popular dressings (Italian & Ranch).
The Homemade “Water” and Soda Fountain
130 Homemade Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies!
By the time I dished up my plate, I was STARVING. I had 2 slices of pizza ~ 1 ham & pineapple and 1 veggie (11 points+)
Then, filled half my plate with salad! (3 points+)
LOVE! I totally went back for more salad and may/may not have grabbed another slice.
Dessert ~ 6 points+ and worth every single one! I LOVE these cookies but I know I can only make them when I can take my serving or two and give them away because they will never make it to the freezer
I totally know what I am going to do for our next event ~ any guesses???
A Healthy Nacho Bar!!! Now we just “need” a reason to celebrate
The Husband had dinner ready as soon as I walked in the door ~ LOVE! Really, though, my “secret” was having his favorite Bill Bailey Carne Asada out because I knew he’d make dinner if he saw it. (6 points+)
Just THREE DAYS of work left ~ so much to do, so little time!!!
Ok, your turn ~ Complete this sentence ~ “I think I should be….”
I can’t wait to hear your answers