Hi all! I have a confession to make. I think I just might be falling in love with my Instant Pot over my beloved Slow Cooker. Let me put it into perspective. I made WWFreestyle Zero Point Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken from frozen chicken breast in under 30 minutes. Zero Point chicken folks….it’s tender, juicy, a little spicy, a little sweet and totally melts in your mouth. I took advantage of zero point foods adding creamy beans and sweet corn so you really can eat this straight up.
This Shredded Buffalo Chicken Recipe is perfect for your weeknight meals. It is so delicious by itself but if you want to get fancy like we did serve it on burritos, tacos, nachos, sliders, and pizza!
No worries if you are not using an Instant Pot as I have provided directions for making this in your slow cooker too.
INSTANT POT BUFFALO CHICKEN (Print it!)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can mild Rotel diced tomatoes with green chillies
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 15 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn
- 2 green onions, diced, optional
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Place chicken, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, Rotel, Frank’s Red Hot sauce and butter in Instant Pot. Close, seal and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then, quick release venting for remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and shred the chicken. Turn Instant Pot to saute and stir in beans and corn cooking until wanted, about 2 minutes. Cancel, stir in green onions then season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Dive in! Serve over rice, in burritos or tacos with all the fixings.
Note: Not using an Instant Pot? Place everything in step 1 in you slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Then follow step 2 and 3.
Makes 10+ servings, 1/2 cup each for 0 WWFreestyle Smartpoints
Nutrition facts for all ingredients:
STEP – BY – STEP:
I had not planned on using frozen chicken but the store did not have any fresh chicken breast. I tried to look at it as glass half full and this was my chance to “test” cooking frozen chicken in my Instant Pot.Place the chicken in the Instant Pot along with all the toppers.Close, seal and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before quick releasing the remaining pressure.Shred the chicken with a couple of forks. It’s so tender that it makes this easy.Add the beans and corn. Turn Instant Pot on saute and heat for 2 minutes.Cancel. Stir in green onions and season to taste with salt and pepper. I made Buffalo Chicken Ranch Burritos using this mix, La Tortilla Lite flour tortillas, 2% sharp cheddar, homemade ranch and veggies. 4 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each!Night all!