!Happy Friday Eve all! I think I am officially IN LOVE with KettleBells (I think you already know I have an un-natural LOVE for Kettle Korn). I definitely think it’s a good sign you LOVE a workout when you can’t wait to get to the gym to do it.
I added A Perfectly Hard Boiled Egg (2 points+) to my 5 am pre-workout snack since I knew I was powering up with KettleBells!
Last week I did TWO KettleBell workouts that left me sore for 4 days…but, the crazy thing about it is that I LOVED the workout and couldn’t wait to repeat it.
Here is the KETTLEBELL WORKOUT provided by our company’s personal trainers.
- Kettlebell Swings 30 secs / per arm (remember NOT to round your back)
- Push Ups Right Hand on Kettlebell 5 reps (reminder to place under the handle not on time)
- Bent Over Row Right Arm 30 secs (Standing in the semi lunge stance left leg forward)
- Push Ups Left Hand on Kettlebell 5 reps
- Bent Over Row Left Arm 30 secs (Standing in the semi lunge stance Right leg forward)
- Sumo Squat to High Pull 30 secs (Standing in wide stance think of sumo wrestlers, toes point out 45 degrees, Chest Up, Standing Up while pulling the arms in upward motion making sure elbows are higher than the wrist, Squatting back down)Overhead Presses 30 secs (Turning the bell upside down and press the bell over head locking the arms out)
- Wall Squat 30 secs (Sitting on your invisible chair- optional hold two kettlebells at your side or one at your chest)
- Repeat 2 more times.
I used our 18 lb PINK Kettle Bell ~ they are the size of basketballs and look heavy but the weight distribution makes them not seem that heavy.
The REASON I LOVE Kettlebells is that you really do get a cardio and strength training workout in one….it’s tough, but, you don’t realize how tough it was until the next day when your muscles tell you.
All week LONG I have been dreaming of my Iced Coconut Dirty Latte, but, there are 0 Starbuck’s near work.
Instead, I settled for a medium Pete’s Iced Dirty Latte and saved it for after my workout. (4 points+)
Plus two Taco Egg Muffins (5 points+)
Today we had a challenge at work where we asked all the employees to make today a random Earth Day and to take another form of transportation to work other than driving themselves.
We had a whopping 61% participation so we all got lunch from Lane Splitter Pizza.
OMG! I am pretty sure I didn’t NEED to know this place existed at all. Ironically I thought I picked the Veggie Pizza (doesn’t it look like veggie?) until I saw pepperoni.
When I asked what it was…..I was told I picked up the Garbage Pie!
(pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, onion, olive, spinach, artichoke hearts, fresh tomato)
What really makes there pizza phenomenal is their sweet, doughy, crunchy crust. I looked up dip dish pepperoni’s pizza in the WW online tracker (15 points+)
I AM proud of myself for filling half my plate with salad (topped with about 1 Tbsp ranch) instead of pizza, pizza like I wanted to do (2 points+)
Look what they installed on our filing cabinets at work today! Doesn’t it look just like the bunny’s butt on our boxes? I know a certain someone will want to have these put on her cabinets next
Lunch kept me full all afternoon and into the night. I was planning on having a HUGE plate of fruit (watermelon, pineapple and oranges) for dinner, but, got distracted at the Farmer’s Market when The Husband picked up this chicken/fried rice plate.
I had the small piece of chicken on top and about 1/3 of the fried rice.
Don’t worry ~ it gets worse…..I 100 million % know better than to buy Kettle Korn at all….it’s CRACK to me and I cannot resist it.
Every now and then I think I must need that reminder. The Husband asked if we could get some and I said sure thinking I could have just one handful…..HA!
1, led to 2, led to 3 led to me telling him to hide the bag from me…..I am pretty sure I showed you all how to blow you healthy eating plan the day before weigh in all in one day.
Not one of my better days, but, there you have it! Win some, lose some…..but the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS….I LEARNED from it!
Do you workout with KettleBells? What are your favorite moves? I definitely want to learn more exercises.