It’s Meyer Lemon season and that means I get to have fun in the kitchen with all things lemon. I am super lucky this year as one of my Weight Watchers friends brought me a big bag of Meyer lemon from her tree. I know I will be making a batch of these Meyer Lemon Sugar Cookies and Mini Muffins. Who am I kidding?! I’ll probably make these Weight Watchers Lemon Bars too. I digress….
Tonight’s dinner was phenomenal and super fast to make. You can literally pull everything together while the pasta cooks. I love that there are so many flavors and textures going on making it one satisfying pasta dish.
The pasta picks up all that lemony goodness while the sun dried tomatoes add a sweet bite. Bacon and walnuts add a crunchy, richness that pairs well with the crisp, green asparagus.
You can make this dish vegetarian by replacing the bacon with sauteed mushrooms. Cook 8 oz of freshly sliced mushrooms in a large skillet sprayed with a little non-stick spray. Brown 5-7 minutes then, season with garlic salt & black pepper then add to the pasta.
Lemon, Asparagus & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta (print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- 8 oz Barilla whole grain elbow pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 pieces Trader Joe’s bacon, chopped
- 3 oz Trader Joe’s Sun Dried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 oz parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 1 Tbsp good olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, adding the asparagus during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon, chop and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and place is a large bowl. Add the sun dried tomatoes, bacon, green onion, walnuts, parmesan and lemon zest.
- Whisk lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper together. Pour over the pasta, toss and serve.
Makes 6 servings ( 1 1/2 cups), 7 WWFreestyle Smartpoints
Nutrition facts per serving:
Are you making anything special for Valentine’s day? I am still trying to figure out what to make….I need ideas. 🙂