HI Everyone!! How are you all doing? I have to say this summer has been one of the busiest I’ve ever had ~ Probably more work and less play than I’d like. Over the past few months I’ve learned a few things about myself on my daily journey to be a healthier me that I wanted to share with you all.
1. Blogging actually is my way of tracking and all of you are my “Accountability Buddies” whether you realized it or not. There is something to be said about the accountability that you all bring me. When I am faced with a moment where I can pick a healthy or unhealthy choice, it totally helps sway me in the direction of healthy knowing I am going to have to share it with you all.
2. Blogging actually encourages me to move more! I can’t wait each day to check working out off my list, but, more importantly share all the cool stats that Flex tells me for my hard work.
3. Blogging keeps me cookin’ in the kitchen and trying new “Science Projects” out on The Husband. It seems like when I cannot take step – by – step pictures and share how delicious or not so delicious something was that I made, then, it’s not work cooking. I know it sounds strange, but, I think I revert to being a kid again…sure, a quesadilla and fruit or cereal sounds good for dinner lol.
4. Blogging gives me the chance to share our journey’s together and you all motivate me every day when you share your challenges, successes and stories. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve turned my day around by something one of you said.
5. Blogging encourages me to find balance in my life. Even on my longest days when logging on to blog may seem like another job to many, my day isn’t complete without it. It’s like my chance to sit down with a cup of coffee and chat about that days adventures with all my friends.
What first started out 3 months as a not having a single second in my day to blog (working way too many hours!) turned into a mini blog vacation (I’d rather read a book or watch a movie than turn the computer on) and ended with me realizing that I love sharing my daily adventures to a healthier me through the camera lens with you all. Without doing that, it’s like I forgot how to be this healthy person I learned to be my entire life.
Totally crazy, but, totally true….So, today marks my turning point. I can’t change the past 3 months, but, I can reverse the 20 lbs. that I needed to gain to learn all these lessons. Some of it was delicious, some of it was not, but, at this point in time, none of it matters ~ all that matters is successfully getting from one meal to the next, then, repeating that healthy choice all over again.
Thank you all for standing by me, sending messages, emails, etc. I promise to respond to you all soon. For now, let’s catch up on today!
This morning started off with a fun how to build a better salad Weight Watcher Meeting. I didn’t really intend to skip breakfast, it just sorta happened as I ended up going shopping for a bit, catching up over coffee with a friend and then, going out to Chipotle to build one delicious salad!
Chipotle’s Guacamole it ALWAYS worth the points+/WPA to me. Here is what is in my simply filling salad bowl (SF + 4 WPA for the guacamole!):
- Lettuce as my base (I skip the beans & rice because they are not worth the points+ to me)
- Fajita Veggies
- Chicken (5 points+)
- Pico de Gallo
- Corn Salsa
- Guacamole (4 points+) (I skip the cheese & sour cream ~ not worth it either)
- Tabasco Green Sauce!
Their Lime Sea Salted Chips are also totally worth it on occasion when you have others to share with. 1 serving (about 12 chips) is 4 points+, SF + 4 WPA.
I spent the afternoon getting our house in order and getting things prepped for the week.
Even more important, I got back in the kitchen and created a new incredibly tasty Israeli Couscous Salad.
The recipe is coming up this week.
The Husband actually requested shrimp skewers for dinner so I made up a quick Cilantro Lemon Marinade and let the shrimp soak for 30 minutes.
While I skewered the shrimp…..
He prepped the veggies for the grill basket with a little lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
The Husband’s fancy presentation I LOVE when he helps me cook.
Shrimp is awesome because it is incredibly low in points+ and it’s 100% Simply Filling. I love that you get 3 oz. for only 2 points+. Lemony, Garlicky, Good! (SF), 7 points+
Dessert is going to be a big down of fruit and plus a Greek Yogurt for dipping.
- Daily points: 25 points+, 0 WPA used, 49 WPA remaining
- Simply Filing: 8 WPA used, 41 WPA remaining
This week’s menu is a mini menu since I have dinner out on Wednesday and a cooking class (for work!) on Thursday. My goal is to use what we have on hand plus what I find at the market.