Making homemade girl scout cookies is so easy and allows you to make as many or as little as you like. Since it’s Girl Scout Cookie Season, I thought I’d share one super easy way you can get your fix for this week’s Flashback Friday.
Happy Friday all! Last weekend I “teased” you all with my Bake-A-Thon Recipes that including Mock Girl Scout Cookies and Moon Pies to name a few things. Would you believe it only took me about 15 minutes to make Homemade Girl Scout Thin Mints? They are so easy to make and I think they might be a tad bit better than the real deal because you get a slightly salty/sweet taste from the crispy, buttery Ritz Crackers.
Who says you have to wait for Girl Scout Season to have your cookies? Whip these up anytime the craving hits, then, put them in an air tight container and store them in the freezer.
MOCK GIRL SCOUT THIN MINT COOKIES RECIPE
- 25 Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers
- 4 oz 60% Cacao or higher dark chocolate bar (Good Chocolate, one you would eat)
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
1. Line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Melt dark chocolate in a double broiler. Add mint extract and turn heat to low to keep chocolate warm.
2. Using two teaspoons, drop one cracker in the chocolate using the spoons to coat it with chocolate. Lift the cracker out of the chocolate shaking off excess chocolate. Place on the parchment paper and repeat with remaining crackers.
3. Refrigerate until cooled and the chocolate is hard, about 20 minutes. Store in the fridge or freezer in an air tight container.
Makes 25 cookies, 2 SmartPoints or 1 points+ each
Nutritional information per cookie
STEP – BY – STEP
Here is everything you need to make the recipe. You know, if Trader Joe’s made a Ritz type cracker, I’d be all over it.
Melt chocolate over medium low heat in a double broiler. Add mint extract. Place crackers in the chocolate and use two teaspoons to coat and shake off excess chocolate.
Place on your parchment paper covered cookie sheet and repeat with remaining crackers.
Refrigerate until cooled and the chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes. Dig in and enjoy!
Mock Tagalongs, Moon Pies and Super Easy Rocky Road Recipes will all be posted this weekend.
Stay tuned for more baking fun!