Another favorite cookie for this week’s Flashback Friday. I will be the first to admit that I’ve never actually had a “real” Moon Pie, but, I sort of wish I had…I LOVE the name and I think it would be fun to say I am going to have Moon Pie or maybe a Moon Pie Cookie.
When I originally developed my Mock Girl Scout Tagalongs, some of my taste testers (super cute kids of course!) said that they would be PERFECT cookies if they included marshmallows too.
It didn’t take me long to realize that crispy+peanut butter+marshmallow+chocolate would be amazing…..the only thing I needed was a name. Enter……
MOCK MOON PIE COOKIES RECIPE
- 25 Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers
- 25 tsps. Honey Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter
- 25 tsps. Marshmallow Crème
- 4 oz Milk or Dark Chocolate (Good Quality ~ any type you would enjoy eating)
1. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper. Place 25 crackers on the cookie sheet then top with the 25 teaspoons of peanut butter and marshmallow creme. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Melt chocolate in a double broiler over medium low heat.. Once melted, turn heat to low to keep chocolate warm.
2. Using two teaspoons, drop one peanut butter marshmallow covered cracker in the chocolate using the spoons to coat it with chocolate. Lift the cracker out of the chocolate shaking off excess chocolate. Place on the parchment paper and repeat with remaining crackers.
3. Refrigerate until cooled and the chocolate is hard, about 20 minutes. Store in the fridge or freezer in an air tight container.
Makes 25 Cookies, 3 SmartPoints or 2 points+ each
Nutritional information per cookie
Here is everything you need to make your “Mock” Moon Pies.
Top each cracker with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of Marshmallow cream. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Melt chocolate over medium low heat in a double broiler. Place peanut butter crackers in the chocolate and use two teaspoons to coat and shake off excess chocolate.
Place on your parchment paper covered cookie sheet and repeat with remaining crackers.
Refrigerate until cooled and the chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes. Dig in and enjoy!
I honestly think these are my absolute FAVORITE Mock Cookie I made for the Bake Sale.
I have one more Bake Sale Recipe to share for the Easiest Rocky Road Squares you will ever make. Look for that recipe on Sunday.
Catch ya’all later!