Hi Danica’s Daily Readers ~ This is Zesty of Zesty Cook! Danica asked if I could take over for the night so she could work on some last minute preparations for The Husband’s birthday festivities coming up this weekend. I know she is super excited to share the details with you all and I am pretty sure you all will be blown away by them like I was.
I am always glad to help out so today I am sharing with you one of my quick &easy Vegetarian Weight Watchers points+ friendly recipes that I created based on what I had on hand.
Who doesn’t LOVE pasta with freshly sautéed mushrooms, wine, butter and CHEESE that loaded with flavor (wine!) and cooks up in minutes?!
Feel free to get creative and use any vegetables you have on hand ~ they all work well in this dish….just make sure you include a little wine and cheese
MUSHROOM, ARUGULA & TOMATO FETTUCCINI
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Fettuccine
- 12 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 12 Grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan; salt and add pasta. Cook according to directions and drain.
2. In a large pan, turn on medium heat and olive oil and half the butter. Add mushrooms and begin to cook down – 4-5 minutes
3. Season with salt and pepper, add red pepper flakes and cumin. Cook another 3 minutes .
4, Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 more minutes.
5. With heat still on medium, toss in the white wine and cook down for 1 minute. Add remaining pat of butter and stir.
6. Toss in the arugula and let wilt for 2 minutes.
7. Add cooked drained pasta and toss gently. Shred Parmesan cheese before serving.
Zesty Tip: For the sauce, if you are finding it too dry, add a little bit of the reserved pasta water before draining down the sink. This will bring a nice starchy salty flavor to the sauce and give it a nice balance.
Makes 6 servings, 7 points+ each (or 4 servings, 10 points+ each)
Be sure to check out Jen of Cooking for 8 & Losing Weight over at Friends For Weight Loss. She posted one tasty looking 3 points+ Sloppy Joe Meal!
When you are making a quick pasta toss like I did, what do you put in the dish?
I LOVE pasta in any way, shape or form and think it pairs well with just about anything I have in the fridge or pantry. It usually involves fresh veggies, wine, cheese, a little olive oil and butter!
I will catch up with everyone tomorrow ~ so much super secret fun stuff going on over here! You all will be in the “know” on Friday…..Gahhhhh, I can’t wait!