Give into the October Pumpkin Spice everything with this week’s #Flashback. When it comes to Thanksgiving Desserts I honestly never know what to choose. Do I have the Pumpkin Pie with fresh whipped cream that I can only get once a year or do I dive into the Pomegranate Peach Cobbler just so I can have the ice cream?
I was totally “that kid” who would ask just to have the ice cream and never eat the cake, pie or cookie that came with it….Ok, well, maybe I’d eat the frosting if it was the “good” kind lol.
This Low-Fat Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt Recipe totally let’s you have it all and it counts towards your dairy servings to boot. It combines the spicy pumpkin goodness you crave in pumpkin pie and pairs it with thick creamy Greek Yogurt that “mocks” having Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream.
The only difference is this bowl will only cost you 4 WWFreestyle Smartpoints and you can make it as long as you can find pumpkin on the shelves. You can always buy a can, open it and freeze the pumpkin puree to have pumpkin all year long as well.
I think this Pumpkin Pie Froyo is delicious straight up, however, it would be even more amazing topped with crushed cinnamon graham crackers and homemade whipped cream.
LOW FAT PUMPKIN PIE FROZEN YOGURT (Print It!)
- 1 3/4 cups Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (not the pie filling, just the pumpkin)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. pure bourbon vanilla extract
1. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until combined. Pour mixture into the ice cream machine freezing bowl and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. To freeze without an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a freezer proof bowl. Cover, chill and stir everyone hour until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Cover and freeze any leftover frozen yogurt. You will need to remove it from the freezer and let it stand for about 10-15 minutes to soften before serving. Enjoy!
Note: Do not use Low-Fat or Fat Free Half & Half or Milk ~ it will make it icy and like ice milk. (I’ve tried, but, found this to be the best combination of fat/fat free). You need a little fat and a little alcohol to keep your frozen yogurt from turning into a rock when you freeze the leftovers.
Makes 12 servings, 1/2 cup each, 4 WWFreestyle Smartpoints, 2 points+
Nutritional information per serving for all ingredients:
STEP – BY – STEP:
Combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Whisk until everything is combined and the sugar is dissolved.
Freeze according to your ice cream makers instructions or freeze in a covered bowl, stirring every hour until the desired consistency is reached.
Scoop and dive in.
Craving more pumpkin pie goodness?? Then, check out these Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bites that are just as easy to make and only 1 points+ each.
I am off to hang out with The Husband. I will catch up with you all tomorrow.