#FlashbackFriday and get ready for fall with these WWFreestyle Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins. There is something about the change of the season as fall rolls in and the weather gets cooler that makes me crave pumpkin. Maybe it’s all the pumpkin store displays or that amazing cinnamon spice smell you can sense every time you walk into a store. I am not sure, but, It’s almost like a switch turns on in my head and I need to make a new spin on Spiced Pumpkin Walnut Muffins.
These pumpkin muffins might be mini, but, they are packed with sweet hints of caramelized brown sugar, pumpkin, nutty walnuts and will totally remind you of biting into a slice of pumpkin pie. They are delicious as is or serve them up with your favorite pumpkin spice coffee for the perfect pumpkin treat.
These little mini’s come in at 2 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each but a better deal is 2 for 3 WWFreestyle Smartpoints.
PUMPKIN SPICE MINI MUFFINS (print it!)
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ or oat bran
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 24 cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine your dry ingredients, flour through salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Create a whole in the middle of the dry mixture. Then, add the pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla, stirring just until moist. Fold in walnuts.
3. Spoon batter into muffin cups until 2/3’s full. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Cool muffins in pan for a few minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Makes about 48 mini muffins, 2 WWFreestyle Smartpoints or 1 points+ each
Nutritional information with all ingredients per mini muffin:
Want more pumpkin flavor?
I’ll catch up with you all later this week with another recipe and more pumpkin finds.
Have a great day all!