Hi all! I’m back today with the Zero Point Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken recipe that I mentioned last night. This might just be one of the easiest chicken recipes you will ever make. Toss everything into your Crock-Pot (your chicken can be frozen or fresh), let the flavors cook together all day, then, put the finishing touches on when you get home.
The chicken is so tender as it cooks all day in the salsa and smoky taco seasoning. The flavor gets kicked up another notch with tangy lime and cilantro.
I could eat it straight out of the bowl which usually happens when I first open my slow cooker. Then, I get to work making a proper dinner. Use this shredded chicken on tacos, nachos, burritos, enchiladas or salads.
SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN (print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- 2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 12 oz jar salsa
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Next add the chicken and sprinkle the taco seasoning. Pour the salsa on top and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken, squeeze lime juice over top and stir in cilantro.
Makes 4 – 5 cups of Zero Smart Point Chicken
Nutrition facts per 1/2 cup: