There are so many things I love about summer and I probably could spend all summer telling you them. I figured I could start out today’s post with just two – s’mores and ice cream! What if I told you I just discovered a new way to have both of these together making one amazing low Smartpoints Weight Watchers Ice Cream sandwich? Chocolate meets Marshmallows meet graham crackers meets smooth chocolate ice cream and they all hang out in these delicious chocolate 1 Smartpoint wafers.
Need I say “s’more”??? Haha, you knew I had to say it, right?!
S’MORES ICE CREAM SANDWICHES (print it!)
- 7 ounces condensed milk (about 1/2 a can)
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 8 honey graham crackers, chopped
- 3/4 cup marshmallows
- 2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- 24 Nabisco Dark Chocolate Wafers
- Combine the condensed milk and 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until all the chocolate is melted, about two minutes. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups milk with 1/2 cup half and half in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk with corn starch. Add to the medium sauce pan and turn heat back to medium. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes whisking the entire time.
- Pour milk into the chocolate bowl whisking until combined. Cool mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour mix into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the instructions. Add the toppings during the last minute of churning. Place in the freezer until desired firmness.
- Place 1 wafer down top with 1/4 cup ice cream and 1 additional wafer.
Makes 24 ice cream sandwiches for 5 SmartPoints each
Nutrition facts per ice cream sandwich:
STEP – BY – STEP:
This post is sponsored by Eagle Brands. I was totally up for the challenge when they asked me if I oils help them develop a healthy summer frozen treat.
The ingredients are simple and sweet – milk and sugar.
This recipe starts and finishes with chocolate!
Combine condensed milk and chocolate in a small sauce pan over medium to melt the chocolate into the milk. Remove from heat and set aside.
My goal was to create a healthy lower in fat and sugar ice cream that still gave you that smooth velvety feel of full fat ice cream. Through much trial and error and a little research I came across this awesome technique from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream. I didn’t want to use eggs (weird) and heavy whipping cream (70 Smartpoints for 1 cup) in my ice cream which most recipes called for. There were so many options using stabilizers but most I couldn’t pronounce.
jeni is super smart with this 2 part technique that I will forever use in homemade ice cream.
Simply combine 1/4 cup whole milk with 1 Tbsp corn starch.
Start out by boiling off the water in your milk for 4 minutes. Stir in the corn starch mix and boil 2 minutes or until thickened.
Pour into the chocolate mix, whisk and chill for 2 hours or overnight. Remember the colder your mix is going in the faster it freezes meaning less iciness. I put mine in the freezer for the 2nd hour.
Pour into your ice cream maker and watch your ice cream form 15 minutes later for mine!
I prepped all my fixin’s while my ice was freezing.
Then dropped them in during the last minute just until they mixed in.
Pour your ice cream into a freezer safe bowl and freeze to desired consistency (if you can wait). Tadah! Super fancy homemade s’mores ice cream that scoops out easily and is packed with goodness.
Get ready to step up your game and impress everyone at your next BBQ. All it takes are these 1 SmartPoint Nabisco Chocolate Wafers. You could use graham crackers too.
You could scoop and line them up on a cookie sheet freaking until ready to serve. Or you can just make single serving ice cream sandwiches because I’m pretty sure once you try these you won’t want to share.
1/4 cup homemade s’mores ice cream on top of a fancy decorated plate a la The Husband.
Smoothed with one more wafer. Dive in and enjoy every single chocolaty, marshmallowy, graham cracker bite for 5 Smartpoints.
Who wants some healthy ice cream now???