Hi all! Tonight’s dinner was a super fast, easy and low Weight Watchers Smartpoints Summer Squash and Sausage Skillet. I love the combination of sausage, peppers and onions. This time, I added some freshly picked summer squash and smoky, fire roasted tomatoes with a little fresh basil to brighten the dish for a quick summer meal. I love serving this over rice or with a delicious sourdough baguette on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
SUMMER SQUASH AND SAUSAGE SKILLET (print it!)
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Lean Hot Italian Turkey Sausage (5 links, casing removed)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 zucchini or summer squash, quartered and diced
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, rough chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, garlic, onion, bell pepper and squash. Cook, stirring occasionally until the sausage is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes including the juice and sugar. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil.
Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each, 4 SmartPoints
Nutrition facts per serving:
Enjoy as is or serve it up over 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice for a completely delicious, fast and easy dinner that only cost you 6 Smartpoints.
Leave a Reply