Hi all! How was your weekend? We had a pretty busy weekend checking off our Todo list and whipping up some tasty eats in the kitchen. Before I jump into this Weekend’s Highlights, I wanted to share a few things I’ve read and heard through the rumor mill about the changes coming this week for Weight Watchers, WW, and WWFreestyle as several people have asked my opinion.
Most of this year’s updates are around their rebranding. Several companies do this for various reasons and no doubt the WW rebranding changes relate to the new management teams goals/vision. It’s not all about shortening the name. I do believe how they handle the rebranding will determine if it’s successful or not.
- WW is definitely alot less to type than Weight Watchers though so that’s totally an added bonus lol.
- The #1 most important thing to know – WWFreestyle Smartpoints are not changing and there are no additions to the Zero Point food list
- The WW Weekly will now be only one page to continue with WW reducing costs and impact on the environment (like no more towels to weigh in or bravo stickers).
- Meetings will alternate topics bi-weekly between wellness and food/weight/activity.
- Sadly Simply Filling will go away but you can always refer back to this post to follow Simply Filling. You can use quick track to track your weekly Smartpoints for non Simply Filling foods.
- The cheesy part – receptionists will now be Wellness Guides, Leaders Wellness Coaches and meetings are now Studios.
- The interesting part – members will be able to join for reading other than Weight loss.
- The technical part – there will be new features on the app that relate to Headspace and Connect Groups to find those with similar interests to help boost your success.
- The cool part – earning wellness rewards – definitely a great motivator to help you achieve your goals. Along with this, Fit points will be calculated differently.
- The part I cannot wait for – the new cookbook series.
- The colorful part – switching from light blue to dark blue with the new label to roll out on products next week.
- The Good part – inspiring everyone around the world by doing good with WWGood events.
- The clean part – removing everything artificial and preservatives from all WW products.
The thing I do not think most people realize is that Weight Watchers actually switched to WW last year with WWFreestyle and most wellness things have already been part of the program for years. Honestly I have always loved that WW teaches you not only how to make healthy food choices or be active, but, they look at the reasons for why you make these choices so you can learn from them. This is what helps you build a healthy lifestyle, and makes the program sustainable, not just a quick fix.
I am secretly hopeful there is more to this year’s updates….and no doubt we will learn more in December.
Speaking of WW, I lost .8 lbs this week at weigh in.
This morning we were up early to head to the Petaluma Antique Fair. I wasn’t initially hungry so I opted for a Tall nonfat 2 pump chai tea latte and a banana (5 sp).We stopped at Lombardi’s BBQ for lunch. Holy moly, they give you so much food. I had half my chicken with their Beer- BQ sauce, a little of the baked beans, salad and garlic bread. (11 sp).This afternoon, I whipped up a batch of Zero Point Turkey Taco Soup for lunch.
I also did a little recipe development creating this Cheesy, Veggie & Herb Quiche. It turned out sooo good! I’ll be posting the recipe with a giveaway soon.I had a slice for 6 WWFreestyle Smartpoints with a simple salad.I had one of these 2 Smartpoint Cinnamon Banana Muffin for dessert.
24 Daily WWFreestyle Smartpoints, 9K steps
HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
- Grilled Pork Chops, Green Beans with Mushrooms
- BLTA Nachos
- Mushroom Pierogi, salad
- Better than a Big Mac, grilled asparagus
- Sloppy Joe’s, snap peas
What is on your menu this week?