Happy Saturday all! Thanks for all the great Won Ton and Egg Roll Wrapper ideas on my last post. I have to say they all sound delicious and it made me have to roll out over 130 wraps today! I made up Chicken Potstickers, Mini Cheesy Turkey Tacos and Mini Pizza Rolls. I actually pondered a dessert version but decided I needed to stop before our freezer was filled with little won ton creations
This morning I whipped up Eggwiches for The Husband and I before we headed out.
* 2 slices of Trader Joe’s FF Multi-Grain Bread (3 points+)
* 1 “fried” egg (2 points+)
* 1 tsp Whipped Butter (1 point+)
We stopped at Starbuck’s before heading over to our friends house. I had the “usual” Dirty Latte (Venti Iced Nonfat Decaf Latte with 1 pump mocha) (4 points+))
Since The Husband actually agreed to do my weekly grocery shopping with me, I told him he could pick anything out at Trader Joe’s that he wanted.
He picked Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting. I really like the look of their boxes.
This is how cake mixes should look in my opinion ~ short ingredient lists and I can recognize it all.
I tried NOT to freak out when I saw the cake includes 1 cup of oil or butter.
The frosting isn’t much healthier ~ it includes an entire stick of butter.
I baked and frosted the cake ~ he decorated it! He LOVED the frosting, but, the yellow cake doesn’t taste like yellow cake ~ it’s sorta like sweet cornbread. I had a bite because I thought he was joking, but, it’s true….maybe I should’ve used oil over the butter?
Lunch was fast, easy and delicious ~ BLTA’s.
You could use Trader Joe’s Peppered Turkey Bacon and save 3 points+ on this sandwich, but, sometimes the REAL DEAL just hits the spot (10 points+)
* 2 slices Trader Joe’s FF Multi-Grain Bread
* 2 slices Trader Joe’s Apple-Wood Uncured bacon
* 1/4 AVOCADO, smashed and topped with freshly ground black pepper
* Organic tomato slices and butter leaf lettuce
Plus a side of Trader Joe’s Baked Onion Rings ~ I ALWAYS weigh out my chips over counting them because you get more.
This is a 1 ounce serving (if you counted, you would only get 14 onions) ~ 4 points+
Plus a plum for good measure
I pretty much lost my mind this afternoon. I originally set out to make my Chicken Potstickers, but, then The Husband said he wanted to try the Mini Pizza Egg Rolls we made yesterday. As I was wrapping away, he said little “mini tacos” would be awesome.
So, I figured, why not, I two Nasoya Round and one Eggroll wrapper pack to use up.
Tiny Turkey & Cheese Tacos
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 oz finely shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 72 Round Won Ton Wrappers
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, onion, bell peppers and garlic. Cook until browned and cooked through.
2. Remove from heat and drain any excess liquid. Stir in the taco seasoning and salsa. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Stir in shredded cheese just until mixed.
3. Place your won ton rounds on a dry surface and place a bowl of water nearby. Use your finger or a pastry brush to brush the outside edges of the won ton wrapper with the water. Scoop 1 tsp of your turkey mixture into the center of each won ton.
4. Fold won ton in half and press the edge together. You may need to use a pastry brush or your finger to wet the edges and place on a wire rack. Repeat process until all your filling is used.
5. Two options for cooking:
1. Heat a nonstick skillet with 1 Tbsp canola oil over medium heat. Add 8 mini tacos and brown on each side.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Brush 8 mini tacos with canola oil on each side. Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned and cripsy, flipping once half way through.
* Make this vegetarian by using diced potatoes for the ground turkey!
Makes 72 Mini Cheesy Turkey Tacos, 1 point+ each
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER MINI TACO, excluding oil for cooking
Combine your turkey through bell peppers and brown.
Drain any liquid, return to the heat and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
Set mixture aside and allow to cool slightly, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheese just until mixed.
Using a large flat surface, place 12 won ton circles on the board and top with 1 teaspoon of the cheesy turkey mixture.
Using your finger or a pastry brush, dip it in the dish of water and brush water around the outer edges of the wrapper. Fold in half, press seal and use additional water if needed to seal the edges.
Place your mini turkey tacos on a a cooling rack with a cookie sheet. Cook as instructed or freeze for 1 hour then place in a large ziploc bag.
I made two versions ~ “Fried” in 1 Tbsp of Canola Oil.
Then, brushed with canola oil and baked. Both versions get crispy and are loaded with flavor. I served mine up with Trader Joe’s Serrano Salsa Fresca.
Dinner was a few MINI-TIZERS! I had 1 Mini Taco Roll, 1 Mini Taco and 1 Mini Pizza Roll. (7 points+)
Rounded out with a delicious & simple salad!
IN THE MIX:
* Organic Mixed Greens & Carrots
* 3 Organic Strawberries, sliced
* 1 Tbsp Toasted Almonds (1 point+)
* 1 Tbsp Feta Cheese (1 Point+)
* 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Balsamic Vinaigrette (1 point+)
Today is the LAST DAY TO ENTER TO WIN THE SUPER SALAD SPINNER GIVEAWAY!
If you could have ANY APPETIZER right now, what would it be?
My first choice is ALWAYS BREAD AND BUTTER or garlic bread……then, it would be stuffed mushrooms followed up by potstickers!