Several of my long time Weight Watchers friends may be able to relate to this question. Do you all remember back in the day the famous Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe? You know the one where you basically opened a bunch of cans, a few packages, added water and cooked up this super tasty, low point soup? Yes, this really was a recipe that we all loved.
My Turkey Taco Soup is my homage to one of my favorite soups I grew up eating. One of the best things is that thanks to WWFreestyle this easy taco soup is now Zero Points and that means, you totally have points to spare for all your favorite toppers. Bring on the cheese, crushed tortilla chips and avocado or just enjoy this hearty, bean soup straight up.
It’s also perfect for days when you want to save your points or you suddenly realize I have zero points left in my day.
Note for my Vegetarian friends: You can use Veggie Crumbles or omit the turkey and use veggie broth to make this a Veggie Taco Soup.
TURKEY TACO SOUP (print it!)INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb Extra Lean ground turkey breast
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 oz homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 1 oz packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip
- 10 oz bag frozen corn
- 15 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes and green chillies
- 32 oz chicken broth plus 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Optional toppers: crushed tortilla chips, 2% cheese, 0% Greek yogurt, jalapenos, green onions, avocado
- Spray a large soup pot with non-stick spray and heat iver medium high heat. Add turkey, garlic, onion and bell pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in taco seasoning and ranch. Add corn, beans, tonatoma, broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and dinner 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and serve as is or with your toppings on the side.
Makes 6 two cup servings, 0 WWFreestyle Smartpoints, 100% Simply Filling
Nutrition facts for all ingredients excluding toppings: