Happy WEEKEND all! I LOVE my Fridays because I get the chance to sleep in a little versus getting up at 5 AM and I get to actually take time to make breakfast.
I missed my Eggwiches ALL week long. I actually even pondered making a CHEESY Sausage Eggwich using the 2 points+ Ginger, Pear and Turkey Sausage patties, but, it never happened.
The good thing is I knew EXACTLY what I wanted when I woke up and had time to make it.
* 2 slices Trader Joe’s Fat Free Multi-Grain Bread (3 points+)
* 1 “fried” egg with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper (2 points+)
Side of organic berries.
The Husband surprised me by bringing me a Venti Iced Dirty Latte (nonfat, decaf latte with 1 pump of mocha) ~ WOW, I had no idea I missed these so much…..I kept thinking as I was slurping away….it’s been wayyyyy too long (4 points+)
My morning flew by as I got a ton accomplished. The Husband was actually jealous that I had his favorite BLTA’s last week with TJ and said that he NEEDED one too
I got my usual order from the Joy of Eating. Side salad with Italian on the side (2 points+).
Plus the BEST BLTA in the world ~ the secret is their homemade sweet bread. Don’t mind the fries in the background. I had ordered mine without but she brought them anyway. I made sure to dump them on The Husband’s plate BEFORE I had any so I couldn’t mindlessly eat any.
Bacon+Lettuce+Tomato+AVOCADO = LOVE! (10 points+ estimate)
After lunch we made a quick stop to see the newborn kittens they have at his shop. OMG ~ I want them all, if only I wasn’t allergic to them. SO CUTE ~ they are all like the size of my hand.
This is the Momma cat watching us intensely. I can’t believe she had 7 kittens!
I have been CRAVING Chinese food all week long and honestly pondered getting Panda a few times. The Husband even said let’s just get take out last night ~ It’s Friday and the weekend is here…..but, I RESISTED and I am glad I did.
Dinner was inspired 110% by TJ’s Chinese Fake Out and honestly took me maybe 20 minutes max to make (translation ~ faster than I could drive to get take out!) I included her recipes below with my “spin” on them (you know because I always have to dump the kitchen sink into my recipes too!)
“FRIED” CREAM CHEESE WON TONS
- 10 Thin Won Ton Wrappers ~ I LOVE these New Hong Kong b/c you get 10 for 3 points+
- 2 2/3 ounce Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp water chestnuts, finely diced
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (if you want some heat!)
1. Mix cream cheese, onions, water chestnuts in a small bowl. Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
2. Lay out 10 wrappers on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon cheese mixture evenly (about 1 tsp on each) among all 10 won tons-place in the center of wrapper.
3. Using your finger or a pastry brush, dip into a bowl of water and wet 2 edges of the square. Fold over won ton and press with your fingers.
4. Spray each won ton with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes- Keep an eye on these! Might need more time- They go from not ready to burnt FAST! Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Makes 2 servings (5 Won Tons), 4 points+ each
NOTE: you can cut the points+ in half making each serving 2 points+ if you use Fat Free Cream Cheese
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Crunchy X’s 2 ~ Mini Organic Sweet Peppers
VEGETARIAN FRIED RICE
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, I use Trader Joe’s Frozen Brown Rice that cooks in 3 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups thawed Frozen Vegetables, any type works ~ I used a combination of what I had on hand
- 1/2 cup egg beaters
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sriracha Chili Sauce for some heat!
- 2 green onions, diced
1. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add oil and garlic cooking for 30 seconds. Add in rice and toss /stir to mix & coat rice with oil/garlic. Add veggies and cook until heated through.
2. Make a hole in middle of pan; add egg beaters and scramble until cooked. Stir entire pan, mixing egg into rice.
3. Add soy sauce through sriracha, cooking for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in green onions.
Makes 2 HUGE servings for 8 points+
Nutritional information per serving
Rounded out with some Leftover Steamed Green Beans with butter & garlic salt (1 points+)
Believe it or not this totally CURED my Panda cravings ~ we LOVED it! Thanks so much for the idea TJ – you are awesome!
NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
What is your all time favorite Chinese food?
I am definitely an appetizer girl ~ I LOVE Potstickers, Won Tons, Beef Sata Sticks and just about everything on the Appetizer platter. Next up would be the NOODLES ~ Chow Fun and Chow Mein….then, well anything spicy….My list goes on. I LOVE Chinese food.
FUN FACT ~ I actually worked in a Chinese Food restaurant while in college because I got FREE unlimited Chinese Food anytime I wanted it. It made my mouth happy, but, it wasn’t so great for my bootie and thighs LOL
I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!! We are heading to a Farmer’s Market & then for Sushi today ~ it’s been WAY TOO LONG!
My Moon Pie Recipe is coming up tonight too. We have a busy day so I will see you all tomorrow…with my weekly menu and weigh in.
Have an awesome Saturday all!