Happy Friday Eve all! I am so excited that I can finally share with you all why I was cooking, eating, testing and whipping up all Pork Recipes last month. Yep, I finally am going to stop holding out on sharing all the recipes because…drumroll….I get to give a copy of the eCookbook to all of you with a special savings to boot! I partnered with the National Pork Board and several other really cool bloggers and chefs to put one amazing e-cookbook.
This isn’t just any cookbook ~ it features time-honored favorites and new twists on classics from James Beard Award-winning Chef Michelle Bernstein, BBQ expert and author Ray Lampe and 10 amazing food bloggers, the free cookbook highlights some of the tastiest ways to warm up with pork.
Did I mention that you can get your FREE copy by clicking here? The first 15,000 people get $1.00 off any pork product of their choice too!
Whether or not there’s a chill in the air, those all-too-familiar cravings for a little taste of comfort have returned… and the National Pork Board has just the thing to help people across the country get cozy: its first-ever “Cooking For Comfort” eCookbook.
Perfect for any occasion that calls for a heart-warming meal and full of delicious ideas that highlight pork, “Cooking for Comfort” includes:
o Two recipes from Chef Michelle Bernstein, including Chorizo and Cheese Empanadas with Avocado Crema. Bernstein, who learned how to make empanadas from her mother at the early age of 8, made them her own by adding homemade chorizo.
Seriously ~ I love her and the fact that she made homemade chorizo!
o A modern pork twist on a classic favorite with Ray Lampe’s Pork Noodle Soup guaranteed to warm you from the inside out on a chilly winter day.
o A selection of comforting favorites from the National Pork Board infused with modern twists, like BBQ Pork Mac n’ Cheese
Plus ~ all these really tasty recipes from some pretty cool bloggers that are guaranteed to make your drool! Be sure to check out all their sites for even more deliciousness and more importantly try out these fantastic pork inspired recipes!
- Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops – Sautee cinnamon apples and onions for an added treat to juicy pork chops.
- Ham and Cabbage Soup – In the chilly winter months, the delicious flavor of this ham broth will hit the spot.
- Grandpa’s Favorite BBQ Pork – Infuse pork with BBQ sauce before slow cooking for tender, delicious pulled pork.
- Brown Butter Butternut & Pork Lasagna – The warm, nutty smell and taste of butternut squash adds to the fall flavor of this deliciously comforting pork lasagna.
- French Onion Pork Chops – A classic soup favorite gets a pork comfort food twist with caramelized onions and creamy mashed potatoes.
- Sweet Potato and Maple Sausage Skillet – A sweet update on meat and potatoes perfect for breakfast on a brisk winter morning.
Danica Pike of danicasdaily.com
The recipes you’ve been waiting for me….don’t worry, those pulled pork nachos will be making their appearance with my next post!
- Lasagna with Spicy Pork Italian Sausage – Lean spicy pork Italian sausage lends itself to total comfort on a plate packed with cheesy goodness and a healthier twist.
- Lazy Pork Enchiladas with Red Sauce – Create a simple enchilada dish by layering shredded pork, cheese, tortillas and more yummy ingredients.
This recipe totally makes me want to give stinky cheese another try….I blame it on that delicious bacon wrapped goodness!
- Spicy Pork Meatballs with Creamy Sweet Potato Sauce – A feel-good pork meatball dish that will bring you back to cozy, magical nights.
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin with Peach and Blue Cheese Stuffing – Tender roast pork stuffed with goodies and cooked to perfection will warm your heart and belly.
- Bacon Pesto Mac & Cheese – Revamp mac and cheese – the old comfort food standby – by adding crispy bacon and basil.
- Ham and Cheddar Green Chili Breakfast Sandwich – Breakfast sandwiches you’ll love waking up to, with four pieces of thick-cut ham and tons of flavor.
- Taco Soup – Warm your stomach on a chilly day with cheesy, meaty soup with a kick.
- Mom’s Brunch Eggs – Start your morning in a tasty way, with bread, eggs cheese and ham cooked to delicious perfection.
- Tropical Ham Salad – Discover new ways to use leftovers by putting a tropical spin on ham with this recipe.
- Slow Cooker Ham with Apple Sauce – Say “comfort” with slow cooker ham – it has the same great flavors as baked ham with less work.
- Crockpot Rosemary Pork Loin – Invite friends and family over for this slow cooker version of roast pork. It’s a simple and delicious dish that everyone loves eating.
- Biscuits and Gravy – Pork, maple syrup and brown sugar add a fall twist to gravy slathered on biscuits for a perfect comfort treat.
- Supreme Pizza Spaghetti – Update your spaghetti with this recipe for a twist on a classic Italian comfort food you won’t be able to resist.
- Ham & Spinach Galette – Homemade pizza dough, ham and spinach are just three delicious ingredients that shine in this homey galette.
The Fine Print: “This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of the National Pork Board. Opinions and text are my own.”
What are you waiting for? Go get your free copy of the e-cookbook Cooking For Comfort and save $1.00 off any pork product before it’s gone!
There is going to be a lot more pork goodness coming your way over the next two months. Get ready for some serious Pork Inspired Cooking!