#FlashbackFriday with this super easy and delicious low point mushroom chicken recipe.
This creamy mushroom chicken recipe is a great spin on your typical Chicken Marsala. It is packed with rich, creamy mushroom-y flavor without all the calories and points that are in a traditional Marsala dish. The secret to the nutty mushroom flavor is using Cremini Mushrooms as they are richer than your average button mushrooms. It is the perfect meal to make on a weeknight when time is limited. Serve it up with Jicama Hash browns and steam broccoli for one delicious dinner that everyone will be asking you when you will be making it again.
CREMINI MUSHROOM CHICKEN (print it!)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Wedges
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with sea salt and black pepper. “Fry” in the oil until lightly browned on each side, about 5 minutes each. Remove to a plate, keep warm.
2. Add remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the pan along with the mushrooms, green onions and garlic. Cook until mushrooms soften, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, Laughing Cow and Italian seasoning, cooking until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
5. Return chicken to pan, cover and cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes longer. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings, 1 chicken breast and 1/4 of the mushroom mix, 1 WWFreestyle Smartpoint or 4 points+ each
Nutritional information per serving for all ingredients:
This is one of my favorite recipes from the archives to cook up when I am not sure what to make for dinner. It is excellent with Jicama Hash browns, on top of egg noodles or just eaten straight up.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mom’s out there ~ you all deserved to be recognized for all the things you do and more! I will be back tomorrow with our Weekly Menu and this week’s goals.