One of The Husband’s FAVORITE things in this world is the REAL DEAL Rocky Road Squares. What’s not to LOVE about marshmallows, chocolate and roasted walnuts?! I have to say the “key” to making this recipe EXCEPTIONAL is DRY ROASTING your walnuts before you chop them.
TO DRY ROAST WALNUTS: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spread walnuts on a cookies sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant and slightly browned. Allow to cool and roughly chop.
I will often “dry roast” walnuts in large batches because they are a delicious snack and a great addition to recipes like this, salads, oatmeal and more.
ROCKY ROAD SQUARES
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, good quality – any type you would eat
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, good quality – any type you would eat
- 2 tsp regular butter
- 3 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Dry Roasted and Roughly Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Dry Roasted and Roughly Chopped Walnuts
1. Line a 9- X 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
2. In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly combined; remove from heat and stir in marshmallows and all but 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
3. Scrape chocolate mixture into prepared pan using a silicon spatula; smooth into a somewhat even layer. Top with remaining 2 Tbsps of walnuts. Refrigerate until chocolate sets, at least 1 hour; keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
Makes 16 servings, 3 points+ each
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Melt your chocolates and butter in a double broiler over medium low heat.
Remove from heat and add in marshmallows and 1/3 cup walnuts.
Smooth mixture into a 9×9 pan covered in foil.
Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts.
Refrigerate for 1 hour and slice into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Phew!!! I think that catches me up on all the Bake-A-Thon Recipes I owed you all. In case you missed any, here they are:
See you all later with my weigh in, weekly menu and some daily eats!