Hi everyone, my name is Kristi and I write the food blog Healthy Living. Danica asked me to submit a guest post for her while she was away. Of course I said yes because Danica is AWESOME! Danica left it pretty wide open as to what type of post she was looking for. When she told me I could blog about whatever I wanted, I knew exactly what I was going to write about: My love for pumpkin J
You see, I didn’t always like pumpkin until about 2 years ago. It all started with a sip of the Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Starbucks. I do not know why I decided to try it one day, but I did and it has been great ever since. I seriously use pumpkin in EVERYTHING! I get pumpkin spice syrup added to my tall nonfat misto from Starbucks, I add it to my oatmeal, I use it in recipes in place of oil, I mix it with cereal and sometimes I eat it plain. To give you some ideas, here are a few of my favorite recipes using pumpkin, Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal
- 1 cup of water (or milk)
- 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of sugar (or more, depending on your tastes)
- 1 tbs of raisins
- Mix all ingredients except the raisins together in a microwave safe bowl
- Follow the directions on the back of the oatmeal container for microwave cooking
- Once your oatmeal is finished cooking, top with raisins and enjoy!
- If you prefer to make stove-top oats use the directions for stove-top oats instead of microwavable oats
Another one of my favorite pumpkin recipes is my Pumpkin Cranberry Bread. Click here to get the recipe! Finally, I will leave you with one more EASY pumpkin muffin recipe. The best part of this recipe is that it only has 3 ingredients and if you are on weight watchers, they are only 2 points each!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- (1) 18-ounce box of spice cake mix
- 15 ounces of canned pumpkin
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat oven to directions on the box
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
- Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake wrappers or spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Divide the mix evenly to make 24 muffins
- Bake 20-25 minutes (or longer depending on your oven) until complete
- Let cool and Enjoy!